Bug: 8va Treble reversed in staff layout

Author
samworf
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2018/09/16 20:57:03 (permalink)

Bug: 8va Treble reversed in staff layout

I've just started using CbB after upgrading from Platinum, and still sorting through all the interface changes.  A lot of stuff is confusing me, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing a bunch of things wrong, but this isn't one of them: when I go into Staff View and set a staff to 8va Treble, the transposition goes in the wrong direction.

1. Enter Staff View and create a few notes
2. Right click the staff and select Layout...
3. In the Staff View Layout window, select any Track
4. Under Staff Properties, select Clef
5. Select 8va Treble
6. Close the layout dialog

Expected: All notes created in step 1 will move downward by one octave on the staff (but keep their pitch), and any further notes entered in that staff will be transposed up by one octave.

Actual result: The reverse of the expected.  All notes created in step 1 are moved upward one octave, and all new notes are transposed downward.  Effectively, the 8va Treble is acting like an 8vb Treble.

This is making it rather rough to work in high registers, since I have to enter all my notes in the regular treble clef and then use piano roll view to grab/move them up an octave, and then of course they're all off the top edge of the staff view window and I can't see them anymore.  And I can't use MIDI Offset as a workaround, because that affects the entire track.
post edited by samworf - 2018/09/16 22:44:33

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1