Dim Pro and Rapture sound libraries

Author
richardskeltmusic
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
2018/09/17 18:34:29 (permalink)

Dim Pro and Rapture sound libraries

Apologies if this has been covered off before but searching didn't reveal the answer.   I have had Sonar Producer Editions 4,5,6 8, 8.5  and SPLAT.  So along the way I have installed DP and more recently Rapture.  As I understand it, Rapture will read & play DP patches, but not the other way round.  In Rapture Pro I have 9 Soundbanks showing:  Cakewalk 30 years, RP factory, D-Pro Factory, D-Pro user imported, Expansion Pack (Kick Start), Rapture Classic Factory Library, Rapture Classic Factory User Imported, Expansion Pack (user), Cakewalk Sound Centre.  D-Pro User Imported seems to be the content that I see when I open DP, D-Pro factory seems to be a partial list of what I have when I open DP.   Sooo....

1) What is the difference between Rapture Pro Factory Library, Rapture Classic Library and Rapture Classic User Imported?  There seems to be some overlap:  for expample "FG Apocolypse Organ" appears in the Lead Synth section in RP classic Lib, and in the 00 - Absolute 110 section of RP Classic user imported.

2) Is there a good way of sorting these all out so that programs (ie what I actually play) occur only once, and are located in a sensible place?  Has anyone successfully done this?

3)  As I recall some of the first DP patches were out of tune - is there a list of those somewhere so I can identify or remove them?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1