The McDSP Club !

Author
Zo
Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5036
2018/10/05 15:09:31 (permalink)

The McDSP Club !

Hi my dear collegues , i created this thread for us to have a place to talk specifically McDSP plugins  so people can come here to ask , share , have fun ... 

Feel free to ask also for reviews and videos , if it can be done it will by anybody including of course me .

Cheers !

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
Softube Summit EQ
IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
EastWest Goshtwriter
Soundforge Pro 12

8 Replies Related Threads

smallstonefan
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2724
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/06 14:51:37 (permalink)
    My only experience is with Futzbox. I found it a challenge to get it working properly but once I did it was able to get me where I wanted to go.

I have been eyeing that EC300 delay since they first announced it, but I just won't convince myself to spend that much on another delay. 
    Zo
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 02:28:26 (permalink)
    I want the ec 300 but it crashes on scan ..So i went for the overloud echoson and it s a beauty ...try it ! Also gonna certainly grabe tracks echo plugin , seems too play nice now in sonar and sync ...
    Stuff i use is the 202 filter , just my go to for fast filter cleaning or filter automation , the ultimate channel has some great stuff ,the g channel is a beast and sounds beefy , and the ml 4000 is super versatyle , the vintage age serie. Not a fan , futzbox , get replaced by rc 20 , analog channel is still relevent ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

backwoods
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2571
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 05:43:36 (permalink)
    I have them all and they are very good but the guis labelling are very very tiny like digital performer tiny :)

smallstonefan
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 15:20:49 (permalink)
    Thanks Zo - I have struggled with McDSP files on scan as well which is why I tend to stay away from the brand.

I did see the Overloud Echoson and it got my attention. I've dropped some serious cash on some hardware as well as the Mercury upgrade so I need to sell some stuff and produce some music before getting more delay plugins... lol

PS: On hardware expenses: I bought a hardware pair of Dorrough 40 A2 meters. I've always liked the Waves version and was afraid that hardware version would be a waste of money. However, I LOVE these things, and they are bigger and more awesome than I would have thought from the photos. It's nice to have them on my master so I always see the overall meters as opposed to dealing with a plugin...
    Zo
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 15:46:14 (permalink)
    smallstonefan
    Thanks Zo - I have struggled with McDSP files on scan as well which is why I tend to stay away from the brand.

I did see the Overloud Echoson and it got my attention. I've dropped some serious cash on some hardware as well as the Mercury upgrade so I need to sell some stuff and produce some music before getting more delay plugins... lol

PS: On hardware expenses: I bought a hardware pair of Dorrough 40 A2 meters. I've always liked the Waves version and was afraid that hardware version would be a waste of money. However, I LOVE these things, and they are bigger and more awesome than I would have thought from the photos. It's nice to have them on my master so I always see the overall meters as opposed to dealing with a plugin...

Funny you talk about it , the dorrougth were always on my mind , it's higly revealing on audio materials , those and the TC electronc radar are on my HW list for sure ....

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Zo
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 15:50:13 (permalink)
    Talking about the MCdsp plugins , one of my first purchase was the SA-2  Dialog processor , it's exellent and more precise than a regular de esser for de harshiing tracks on mastering or during any process ....

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

smallstonefan
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 17:00:38 (permalink)
    Zo
    Talking about the MCdsp plugins , one of my first purchase was the SA-2  Dialog processor , it's excellent and more precise than a regular de esser for de harshiing tracks on mastering or during any process ....

I forgot - I have the SA2 as well. It wasn't installed because the McDSP stuff give me grief sometimes on scans. I need to reinstall as I might do some voice over stuff soon...

PS: I hope you get a chance to have Dorroughs in your studio one day - I even like just feeding my turntable through them as I listen to music. Very trippy! ;)
    Zo
    Re: The McDSP Club ! 2018/10/07 17:45:23 (permalink)
    So true , i grew up with VU and i don t know until being a pro how much i knew the relationship between music mayerial and those !!
    It tells so much in a beauty full way ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1