Why is Platinum in demo mode?

Author
mojo gitfiddle
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2018/10/18 06:05:01 (permalink)

Why is Platinum in demo mode?

I have owned Platinum for years.  Bought and paid for.  Why now is it running only in demo mode?????

12 Replies Related Threads

martins guit
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 241
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 07:08:19 (permalink)
    try to re-enter your registration code

apologize for my english

martin

CAKEWALK BY BANDLAB
    windows 10 x64bit,i7-6700,12G-ram-DDR-4
    roland-quad capture,tascam us122l,
    NTK Rode mic,Apex 160 mic,JBL & JVC speakers
    promidi
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1220
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 12:28:39 (permalink)
    Have you logged on to Cakewalk Command Centre?

Windows 10 64bit fully patched, 16 gig ram . 
    PCR-800 Controller.  (Working in Win 10 1809 64bit)
    CPU: i5 4670. 
    Video: Nvidia GTX560ti (latest drivers).
    Audio IF: Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen

Internet always on.

Software
    : Cakewalk by Bandlab (2018.09 B29)
    ASIO mode. 24bit 48khz 256 samples 
    Rapture Pro, AAS GS2, VS-3, EP-4, VA-2, Chromophone 2, Z3TA+ 2, Addictive drums 2, Addictive Keys, Mpowersynth (latest), Iris 2, GPO5, Sampletank 3,
    mojo gitfiddle
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 19:03:46 (permalink)
    Ok, so that is really nice to see so many responses.  You guys are either really, really bored or actually enjoy doing this and it's as important to you as me... or is that supposed to be I....  uhhh, anyway so ok, on my products page where my registration number should be it says N/A and I have a lot of projects and cakewalk is cool except not when you can't save your work.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 19:21:42 (permalink)
    mojo gitfiddle
     on my products page where my registration number should be it says N/A

Thia ia normal for Platinum and quite a few products listed in accounts. Logging in with Cakewalk Command Center (as suggested in message #3) and launching Platinum may resolve the activation issue.
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 19:37:22 (permalink)
    I know this is obvious, why don't you just use the new free version? 

A year ago we expected issues once Gibson disowned us. The back up plans were many. We expected the Command center servers would die and we would be dead in the water for new installs.  So everyone  backed up everything on their product page and made screen shots or copy pasted all the serials and registration numbers, put these in a safe place. Did you?  We also ended up with deals from most of the 3rd party vendors to be allowed to use those add ons ( VST's etc.)  that were not owned by Gibson.

But then we now have the free Bandlab version and we have support. It is agreed that it is the most stable version ever. There's very few reasons for anybody to use the old versions now.

They have kept the Command center servers going and everything should work and if I built a new computer and need to install Slpat or Pro to get all my goodies that came with it I'm assuming it will all work as it did a year ago.  

It is not up to Bandlab to fix issues with Command center. The company that was responsible is long gone.  If CCC has lost your serials that is now your problem and not Bandlabs, they will direct you to install Cakewalk by Bandlab and get back to work.  

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

mojo gitfiddle
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 20:02:27 (permalink)
    Here is some of my work.  How's the mix?  Done entirely on Sonar with a scarlett 212, Addictive Drums 2 and the z synth.  what is it it z23 or something, I can't remember right now but I love that synth.  Anyway, so really, how does it sound?  I am going for grammy quality, cool, funky and badass. 

mojo gitfiddle
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 20:02:45 (permalink)

mojo gitfiddle
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 20:03:08 (permalink)
    hey, it won't let me post a link

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/18 20:10:56 (permalink)
    In your account, you will not find a registration number for SONAR Platinum because they do not use one to activate. The offline registration involves a challenge response, which is probably what CCC does in the background. If you do not have CCC working you should still be able to activate an installed copy using the offline activations system. I had hoped that keeping a copy of the .dat file from a previous activation, would allow me to re-activate after the inevitable loss of activation, but the last time I tried that, I had to get a new .crq/.dat pair to reactivate. Once those servers are no longer working it is only a matter of time until this common glitch recurs and leaves your old software unusable. CBB is free. Rapture and Z3TA +2, which also require activation online are not.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013384/Offline-Activation

mojo gitfiddle
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/22 07:53:17 (permalink)
    I have been a cakewalk customer for over 20 years.  I bought cakewalk 6.1 and I have upgraded every time.  I have spent thousands of dollars with Cakewalk.  I used to be able to call tech support and actually talk to someone every time.  They were awesome.  Now I can't activate my software after installing it on a different computer.  I have cakewalk command center.  That is how I installed Sonar.  Now it only runs in demo mode.  I have years of work I need to finish and now I can't do anything.  I have no idea how to get ahold of anyone there.  If I try to email support I get an error message saying that site is under construction.  I just want my software to work so I can work on my projects.
    Euthymia
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 223
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/22 08:47:41 (permalink)
    mojo gitfiddle
    I have no idea how to get ahold of anyone there.  If I try to email support I get an error message saying that site is under construction.

The company known as Cakewalk went out of business.

That is the first thing you need to understand. They passed on. They are no more. They have ceased to be.

Their code base and trademarks and some other intellectual property were bought by another company who as a courtesy are keeping some of the old services (such as this forum) up and running. They are under no legal obligation to do this, they do it for good will.

They have a new program called Cakewalk by BandLab that works just like SONAR that you can get for free at their website. If you have any problems with it, you can get support from them.

Register at BandLab's site using the same email address and password that you used at Cakewalk's site. Then download and install CbB. At that point, you will have a new and improved version of SONAR and be able to get support for it.

-Erik
    Warning: if you tell me my issue can be remedied by buying more RAM, an SSD, or a Waves plug-in, I will troll you pitiilessly
    mojo gitfiddle
    Re: Why is Platinum in demo mode? 2018/10/22 09:35:51 (permalink)
    Thank you.  I didn't know there was a new free version.  I never used free versions.  I never wanted a free version, usually free versions are worth what they cost.  If it's free, why not just let me activate the version I paid for?
    That was a rhetorical question.   Anyway, I will give it a try.  Thanks for everyone's response.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1