midi track mute automation not working

Author
johnnyxtheman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2018/10/22 15:37:21 (permalink)

midi track mute automation not working

hi

i am trying to get a "midi" track mute button to automate on and off for live play performens, but it works only 1 time.
when i draw automation on the automate mute lane, the first switch from mute to unmute works, and have sound but when the next mute has past, than noting happens... the instrument keeps sounding wile the mute button is yellow ?? ..

right click on the mute button is write and read enabled, record is armed, although in settings record arm not needed for writting automation.
tried whit the record button and it record the atuomation but is only responding like i sayd above.
tried it the the vst track and mute working like a charm , but not on midi tracks .

somebody  has a solutoin for this .. looked everywhere on this but found nothing ..

DAW: SONAR PLATINUM .
Pc: i7 4gb / 16gb crosshair ram / asus maximus Furmula Z87 / using onboard soundcard Realteck / midi interface UM-3 EDITROL ( no latency) / 1e monitor Lg,  2e monitor samsung both 27" / logitec bluethoot mouse keyboard / midi keyboard CASIO WK1800 .

5 Replies Related Threads

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: midi track mute automation not working 2018/10/23 15:06:11 (permalink)
    From memory, when you right click a mute button, you get an option for "switch to automated muted"

Have you tried this?

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    johnnyxtheman
    Re: midi track mute automation not working 2018/10/23 18:18:36 (permalink)
    yes tried it, and like I said it unmute it ones, but the next mute keeps on sending midi signal to instrument.
    when I do this manually, it mutes the midi signal until I unmute it again.
    visual the same :
    manual mute no meter signal.
    manual unmute meter signal.
    on automation the meter also visual shows meter signal when muted.
    automating is not working on "MIDI" traks, but works well in track view and console vie
    try it yourself on a new project.
    if it works on your part, than it's not bug.

Pc: i7 4gb / 16gb crosshair ram / asus maximus Furmula Z87 / using onboard soundcard Realteck / midi interface UM-3 EDITROL ( no latency) / 1e monitor Lg,  2e monitor samsung both 27" / logitec bluethoot mouse keyboard / midi keyboard CASIO WK1800 .

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: midi track mute automation not working 2018/10/23 18:28:56 (permalink)
    Yeah I've just tried it and whilst I've never used MIDI mute before, it doesn't seem to be working

However, trying it on the associated audio track works exactly as it should

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    johnnyxtheman
    Re: midi track mute automation not working 2018/10/24 06:20:13 (permalink)
    oke, on one hand i am happy that it's not me. but.... nowing know there's no solution at this point .
    i need this automated for live playing to go to next instrument when i need to accoring to the song, and think that this is the only way to do it because all other ways to switch on the fly to an other instrument will cut off sound from instrument to, witch i don't wont, because of delay, reverb or resonance of the instrument

i try it to on the instr track and works oke there but like i sayd.. it cuts off sound to ! just like the fader 
    the only way that i can do this is to select the instrument i am playing at that moment and manually on my writing keyboard pressing the left or right button to choose the track next to it,but first disable all instrument input echo, because the selected track input echo also comes alive, and so i can go to next instr without loosing the instr signal and keeps sounding until its fades away.. but there are moments i can't press the left or right button wile playing..therefore need midi mute automation to keep my hands free.
    so no solution on this now and will wright to cakewalk to solve it in to the next update (i hoop ..)

thanks for you help  and quick respons!!!

post edited by johnnyxtheman - 2018/10/24 07:08:38

johnnyxtheman
    Re: midi track mute automation not working 2018/10/24 06:45:31 (permalink)
    oke, i found out something wile trying again and it only umutes from mute with automation but not from umute to mute.
    so this narrows down the problem.
    when i stop the time ruler in the MUTED automation section envelop than it mutes it .
    so this means that it works on stop playing !! only not on automation.
    when pressing space bar again to further playback than it umutes it normally according to the envelop until the next unmute where it failed again on playback.
    so if this is fixed i would be very happy.
    post edited by johnnyxtheman - 2018/10/25 10:44:21

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1