Zoom Q2n sound issue

Author
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1238
2018/11/04 20:42:53 (permalink)

Zoom Q2n sound issue

Hi there - I recently purchased a Zoom Q2n Video Recorder - which is a great little piece of gear. So far the sample music videos I recorded with it came out beautiful - except!: In my studio, where my Wi-fi router happens to be, it is picking up an audible clicking signal from that, which does record to playback. I am pretty sure its the router, because like a metal detector, the closer I bring the Q2n to it, the louder it gets. Short of just not using it in the studio - which I don't like the idea of unless of course using it for a live gig - is there a workaround for this? I think the router used to have one of those in line filters - but that was when I had a phone line in here - so maybe the last installer did not put one this time???   or is this just an anomaly of video cams??  Thanks 

2 Replies Related Threads

Wayfarer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 831
    Re: Zoom Q2n sound issue 2018/11/04 22:04:06 (permalink)
    I don't see what a filter for the phone line would have to do with other interference. Sounds like you just need to move the router out of the room. Or try moving it within the room, like placing it up high on a shelf or down low beneath a desk or in a closet. I keep mine in the basement.

Bill
    silvercn
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1238
    Re: Zoom Q2n sound issue 2018/11/05 00:42:34 (permalink)
    Will try moving it to floor. Wish I had a basement like when I lived in RI. None here in Midland Texas ! Concrete slab only.Thanks

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1