Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager

Author
user390096
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2018/11/07 01:02:13 (permalink)

Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager

I see in C: program files\steven slate drums im

I ran vst scans over and over but nothing. The "im" stands for, I think "installation manager" but I don't think it actually links to the sounds. Anybody know how to get this to work? FYI I copied all the other files to an SSD5 folder over in my documents folder.

I activated in Ilok so it should be ready to go but I can't get it to show up as a plugin. I even tried adding the folder in my documents folder where I moved all 8 downloaded sound packs to the plugin locations in plug-in manager but it still doesn't show up in my list of plugins nor within Sonar when I try to add drums as a softsynth but I still see SSDsampler, which is the previous version. Perplexed.

I think they make this product with Pro Tools in mind, but I see on their list of supported DAWS, Sonar by BL....bummer
post edited by user390096 - 2018/11/07 01:58:57

7 Replies Related Threads

retired_account
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/07 01:46:16 (permalink)
    Just installed & it's working fine but it's listed under "Uncategorized' instead of 'Drums'. If not found there try a reboot, rescan or both.
    Make sure you install it correctly-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fDx6zeZC4c

user390096
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/07 02:03:25 (permalink)
    Thanx, did you have to use that "rar" thing like one had to do with SSD4? I'm thinking that hassle was eliminated with their new installer. I looked under "Uncategorized" and didn't find anything. Eating dinner right now but will see if it's there later. Wife's mad and said, "dinners been done for an hour" and I tried to explain the snafu, she just glared, lol!

How come she has no interest in my music....
    user390096
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/07 03:10:17 (permalink)
    Reinstalling now - finished dinner. Just looked on the SS support page for installing and I did everything they required. Looks like SSD4 and SSD5 should coexist as 2 separate programs but all I can find is SSD4 aka "SSDsampler" within Sonar.

I notice within the Plugin Manager the SSD4 is listed in the VST Instruments (VSTi) as SSDSampler but no listing for SSD5 (may it also be included with the SSDSampler designation)?

Opened SSD4 within Sonar and hit the refresh button hoping it would bring forth SSD5 but nothing happened.

OK reinstalled but still can't find it after many reboots and rescans. Guess I need to contact SS support.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/07 03:41:59 (permalink)
    Make sure the plug-in binary is in the scan path.

If the plug-in is in the scan path, was the scan performed before activating the plug-in w/ iLok Manager?
    If so, the plug-in may be excluded. Activate the plug-in using the iLok Manager, run a manual scan with Rescan Failed Plugins enabled then set the scanner back to your preferred setting and disable "Rescan Failed Plugins."
    user390096
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/07 05:25:26 (permalink)
    Progress but still not working. I now have 2 listings for SSD5 in my VST Instruments folder and can load it into a Sonar project file and open the main screen showing a similar layout as most drum synths, a drum set. But it doesn't make any sound when I click on individual drums nor can I load or see any kits to load. I went into a SSD5 settings tab and it seems to want me to verify my ilok code somehow, hunh? I already did that....
    user390096
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/07 05:51:20 (permalink)
    OK, got it to work but what a bizarre method they use. Had to go into that settings section within SSD5 and point to the SSD5Library in my Documents folder as the "base directory". Of course, none of this was shown in the typical help topics on the SS site. I found it by just typing in the bizarre request from that settings tab that was also asking about my license and base directory, whatever that is. Once I pointed to the "base directory" things started working. I found the below help file to figure this all out and thankfully it seems to be working well at this point.

https://stevenslatedrums....ectory-License-File-s-

PS All that "license" stuff in the settings section has to do with ad-on drums sets, none of which are apparently for sale at this time - nice and confusing.
    post edited by user390096 - 2018/11/07 10:10:54
    AcousticYorick
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Just upgraded to Steven Slate Drums 5 but can't find it in Plug-in Manager 2018/11/10 04:15:41 (permalink)
    Contents page (with links for Free/Full Win and Mac installation instructions): bit.ly/2PoyoY9

Note that the "SSD5 Full Sampler Win" you need to download for the Full Windows version is currently under a link with the text "SSD5 1.0.8 Win Installer" (i.e., it does not hint that there is a VST/AAX inside that link/file). Hover over that link and you will see it downloads a "SSD5_Full_Sampler_r108_Win.exe" file. Running that file installs the (VSTi) SSDSampler5.dll in the location you specify.

That, and how to set the Base Directory, is all explained in the Installation videos on your Slate User Account downloads page: "How to Install SSD5 on Windows": youtube.com/watch?v=XP8-PvT1Bqk

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1