Winter Wool Cap Great For Acoustics!

Author
Johnbee58
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 946
2018/11/08 13:16:54 (permalink)

Winter Wool Cap Great For Acoustics!

I hope you don't think I'm weird, but I take long walks in the morning.  I take my little Walkman connected to my Beats headphones along with me.  Seriously, they are a great combination.  Best stereo system I ever owned.  My music (that I composed/recorded) sounds the best on these.  Even if my songs sound crappy on everything else, they always sound great on the Walkman/Beats combo.

I also take notice that in the colder months, on days when I have to wear my wool ski cap the acoustics are even better!  I wear the cap UNDER the headphones so the wool causes some kind of acoustical improvement to the sound.  I'm half tempted to wear my ski cap all year long because of this, but my neighbors would think I'm a bit touched if I wore that on a 90 degree + day.

Just wondering if anybody can offer any explanation to this phenomenon (not my mental state, but the acoustic improvement )

John B.

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007

1 Reply Related Threads

Wayfarer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 831
    Re: Winter Wool Cap Great For Acoustics! 2018/11/08 13:47:25 (permalink)
    No different than people putting tissue paper over the tweeters on NS10 monitors. Whatever works.

Bill
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1