Looking for honest FEEDBACK and CRITIQUE.

Author
NC2
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 61
2005/02/21 15:55:32 (permalink)

Looking for honest FEEDBACK and CRITIQUE.

I have added 3 more songs to our new Soundclick page. These are songs that were more or less completed late last year. I would greatly appreciate any feedback... an in particular regarding:

A. Composition
B. EQ'ing (I have struggled with this over the years. I think I'm getting better at removing that low end mud... but tell me if any of you still hear it. We have M Audio nearfields... perhaps could stand to hook them through some kind of sub woofer.)
C. Sound Quality. Any trouble with the mix from your perspective?

You can find the three songs here The Far Away Near, Organza, and The Road... . Enjoy!
post edited by NC2 - 2005/02/22 23:04:13

I record & compose with my brothers. Give a LISTEN here. Studio set-up in my profile. Visit My BLOG.

2 Replies Related Threads

variaxman
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 596
    RE: 3 more songs 2005/02/21 16:22:39 (permalink)
    Hello NC2,
    I'm at work sneaking in some internet time, listened to the Far Away Near, and I really enjoyed it ...it sounds like it would be cool scored with a movie or animated clip.I work with a couple of "music snobs" and they dug it to.The only thing about the mix was the bass/bass drum seemed pretty strong and was making my sub-woofer pop a bit,but,these are pretty cheap PC speakers(Altec-Lansimg) I'm using so thats probaly it.
    Looking forward to listening to some more of your stuff when I get home.
    NC2
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 61
    RE: 3 more songs 2005/02/21 16:27:41 (permalink)
    Thanks variaxman... no that's probably not a problem with your speakers... but rather a problem with my mix. I tell you this low end stuff is the hardest thing for me to get a handle on.

Glad you and your "music snob" friends enjoyed The Far Away Near. Keep on diggin'.
    post edited by NC2 - 2005/02/21 16:48:45

I record & compose with my brothers. Give a LISTEN here. Studio set-up in my profile. Visit My BLOG.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1