Riffer in Cakewalk

Author
mattburnside
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 56
2018/11/15 08:22:49 (permalink)

Riffer in Cakewalk

Hi Guys,

Just got myself the Riffer plugin for some help generating some creative loops but I'm struggling with how I can set this to a midi output within Cakewalk. I can open the plugin just fine but as it's opened as a virtual instrument I can't figure out how to route this through to either the input of another virtual instrument or my midi output for my analogue synths. Sure this is something I've not done before and is really easy once you know how.

Second point is that when I drag the midi from the Riffer plugin in to Cakewalk it always seems out of time and the clip is actually coming in less than a whole bar. Has anyone used this plugin before and experienced this? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

keithersgsx2003
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Riffer in Cakewalk 2018/11/16 05:58:26 (permalink)
    I'm right there with you!  What a giant pain in the A$$!  Surely one of you guys has this figured out!  
    shawker
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: Riffer in Cakewalk 2018/11/16 07:14:01 (permalink)
    This approach assumes you are not using simple instrument tracks for Riffer and the VST instrument you want to trigger with it.
    Open the Riffer gui and make sure sure Enable Midi Output is selected (should be on by default) by clicking the down  arrow beside VST2 on the top line.
    Go to the midi track of the VST instrument you want to trigger and set the midi input to Riffer.
    To get it play, you may need to select a few bars on the timeline and press SHIFT L to loop it, press play.  See this post for more info Is there a way to make Sonar playback with no recorded audio or midi tracks??
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1