New Problems Scanning VST folders with Waves plugins in Cakewalk

Author
Steev
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 314
2018/11/23 15:27:57 (permalink)

New Problems Scanning VST folders with Waves plugins in Cakewalk

I just took advantage of a Waves Plugin Black Friday Special for their Vitamin Plugin.
 After installing and registering Vitamin through Waves Central. and running a VST scan in Cakewalk by Bandlab, the scan stops and hangs up scanning "Waves Tune Real-time" plugin. 

Waves Central "Plugin Repair" reinstallation option doesn't fix the problem.
 In order to get the rest of my Waves plugins to complete the scan in Cakewalk I had to disable "Waves Tune Real-time" by moving the license to the cloud with Waves Central, and manually rescanning VST folders with CbB.
 So effectively I lost the use of "Waves Tune Real-time" plugin in SPLAT and CbB to gain the use of Vitamin. 
 My main intentions for getting and using Vitamin was for quick and easy mastering solutions with Sound Forge. And my suspicions were spot on correct.
 It didn't take me long to explore and REALLY appreciate the benefits of using Vitamin for mastering and placing it on my short list of go to tools.
 Just as I REALLY appreciate the benefits of using "Waves Tune Real-time" for recording tracks for those less than perfect Real-Time performances with SPLAT or CbB…
 Yes of course these minor imperfections can be solved with Melodyne after the fact, but there is no after the fact with "Waves Tune Real-time"! And that's a time saver all in itself.

I shall of course take this issue up with Waves Support who are second to none for excellent support and problem solving, but, I felt it was important to mention here because...……………….

This is only happening with SONAR and Cakewalk, everything else is fine, up and running and working well with Sound Forge, ACID Pro, Vegas, and Pro Tools.

Steev on Bandlab.com

Custom built workstation. Windows 10 Pro x64.

SONAR Platinum. Cakewalk by Bandlab.
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10, ACID Pro 7, Vegas Pro 11
Pro Tools.

ASRock 990FX mobo, AMD FX 8370 8-Core. 16 gb DDR3 PC1866 G Skill Ripjaws X RAM. AMD FirePro V4900 1gb DDR5 accelerated graphics card. 
Behringer X Touch DAW Controller
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 2, OctoPre Mkll
Western Digital 500GB SSD bootdrive,  WD 500GB 10k rpm VelociRaptor for DAW projects . 2x1 TB WD Caviar Black SATA3 storage drives

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1