Spectrasonics Trilian

Author
Marshall
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 602
2018/11/25 18:47:58 (permalink)

Spectrasonics Trilian

In the end I resisted all BF stuff and bought Spectrasonics Trilian! I have spent the day ploughing through the Groove 3 Trilian course to get the most from my investment.

Would love to hear from other users. I’m primarily an audio person, guitar player and singer, but a year ago after taking massive of soundings from the great people on this forum, I plunged in and bought Omnisphere. It was a choice between that and Kontakt...which I still haven’t got but will one day. I have used Omnisphere in a lot of my compositions since and I am so glad I bought it. I nearly went for Kontakt again this BF but I honestly think (hope!) that Trilian will bring something new to my music. I’m a reasonable bass guitar player, but what seems possible with Trilian is way beyond. Super excited.

Any experiences Trilan folks would like to share?
Cheers

3 Replies Related Threads

DeeringAmps
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2614
    Re: Spectrasonics Trilian 2018/11/25 19:45:48 (permalink)
    Started with Trilogy, upgraded to Trillian.
    It’s deep, not sure if I’ve even scratched the surface.
    I do love it.

Tom Deering
    Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
    Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
    StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
    Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: Spectrasonics Trilian 2018/11/25 20:16:04 (permalink)
    I bought Trilian only because I lacked a good acoustic bass. I wasn't at all interested in the synth basses it offers, as Zebra can perform that duty much more efficiently. I also didn't care that I could pull up Trilian patches in Omnisphere.

However, after a couple years with Trilian under my belt, I find I'm using it more and more, and not just the acoustic basses that I originally got it for. There is an instrument called Hardcore that I really like for heavier genres. But still can't get excited about the synth stuff.

I have two complaints re Trilian. First, the samples are huge and take a long time to load. Second, it's not as easy to program as a good Kontakt library. If I'm going to feature the bass prominently with lots of articulations, I'll usually fall back to one of my old Kontakt-based favorites such as Orange Tree Samples' awesome Rickenbacker.

Trilian's integration with Omnisphere is kinda OK. I hate clicking on a patch and not realizing it's a Trilian patch until it becomes obvious when the "loading" progress bar takes forever. Same thing with loading Keyscape patches within Omnisphere. There are a lot of cool possibilities with layering the three Spectrasonics instruments, but I am too impatient to explore them fully.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Bajan Blue
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2029
    Re: Spectrasonics Trilian 2018/11/25 21:03:13 (permalink)
    Started with Trilogy, upgraded to Trillian. 
    It’s deep, not sure if I’ve even scratched the surface. 
    I do love it.

What Tom said!!
    Nigel

Nigel
    Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1