Track Colors and Meter Setting

Author
Fabio Rubato
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 500
2018/11/30 04:21:29 (permalink)

Track Colors and Meter Setting

Hi all. I've been able to create a track folder and give it a specific color in the past but I'm finding when I reload the project, the color is reverting back to default. Does anyone know how to set the color for the folder and make it stick?

Also with the meters. I like to view them in -24db, so I'll go through the track options and do this for all the meters but again, when I reload the project, they've reverted back to their default. 

I'm trying to create specific templates setup to how I want them and these are two aspects which don't seem to want to play anymore. I'm probably not doing something, but it used to be okay. 

Thanks if you can set me on the path...or maybe confirm a bug?

Cheers

Sonar: Platinum, (X3e) - x64 
PC: Win10 Pro 64;
Computer: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3; Intel i7, 2600k @ 4.2 (8 Cores); 16 GB Corsair Ram;
Visual Card: Gigabyte GTX 580;
Audio Interface: RME UFX;
Monitors: Adam A77X, Sub8;
Midi Controllers: Komplete Kontrol S88,  Novation Bass Station 2; NI Maschine Mk 2; 
Other Hardware: Joe Meek Twin Q Dual Studio Channel;
Mics: RODE NT2-A, ASTON Spirit 

Latest Song: Lay Down Before the War

8 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/11/30 04:46:29 (permalink)
    Setting track colors requires a SAVE to retain.

Meters have to be set from the file menu or Preferences to be retained. If you right click them to change they stay only for the current session.
    Fabio Rubato
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/11/30 06:33:00 (permalink)
    Hi thanks. I've managed to set up a default meter dB to my liking...saved as an initial template. Tried doing this for the Track Folder's colors but they're just not saving. Even if I save it as a project, it still doesn't reload the folder's colors. I used to have this issue way back in Sonar and I did something to ensure the colors stayed but something's changed along the way?

The track colors are saved BTW, but NOT the folders. 

Computer: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3; Intel i7, 2600k @ 4.2 (8 Cores); 16 GB Corsair Ram;
    Midi Controllers: Komplete Kontrol S88,  Novation Bass Station 2; NI Maschine Mk 2; 

soens
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/11/30 06:37:27 (permalink)
    Strange.
    rcklln
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 421
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/11/30 07:06:07 (permalink)
    Is it not saving or is it not displaying properly? Do the colors become visible if you click to open a folders color setting then close it? When I open projects I click a bus color setting then close it which will then display all of the folders colors.
    soens
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/11/30 23:06:06 (permalink)
    There is a bug carry over from SPLAT.

In CbB the Folder strip color is retained but the color square where you click to pick the color goes dark, unlike the Track squares where the chosen color is more prominent than the rest of the track.

In SPLAT Tungsten theme you loose the Folder color completely because the color square behaves the same way and there is no strip color.

Work around: You can bring it back by switching to another theme and then switch back.
    Fabio Rubato
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/12/01 02:42:51 (permalink)
    rcklln
    Is it not saving or is it not displaying properly? Do the colors become visible if you click to open a folders color setting then close it? When I open projects I click a bus color setting then close it which will then display all of the folders colors.

It's the colors on the folders that weren't being saved...on the individual tracks, they were being retained. So if I create 5 track folders and give them each a color, they weren't saving when the project was reloaded...not a biggie, just for organization purposes. 

Strangely today, when I loaded a track I had set meters up and track folder colors, they all appeared...go figure. 

Fabio Rubato
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/12/01 02:46:15 (permalink)
    soens
    There is a bug carry over from SPLAT.

In CbB the Folder strip color is retained but the color square where you click to pick the color goes dark, unlike the Track squares where the chosen color is more prominent than the rest of the track.

In SPLAT Tungsten theme you loose the Folder color completely because the color square behaves the same way and there is no strip color.

Work around: You can bring it back by switching to another theme and then switch back.

Yes, I vaguely remember some issue like that. As I mentioned above to rcklln, they seemed to take hold after I created a template and track with meters setup and folder colors...so I don't understand what's changed. I followed your advice though and loaded Mercury and then Tungsten, so I will followup to see whether this is holding for other loaded projects. Thanks

Fabio Rubato
    Re: Track Colors and Meter Setting 2018/12/03 23:51:20 (permalink)
    thanks guys...seems to loading okay now and I have the meters set to my liking and they're loading as default. Cheers.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1