Making an Akai EWI USB Wind controller compatible with Cakewalk

Author
LENovik
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 122
2018/12/02 14:05:46 (permalink)

Making an Akai EWI USB Wind controller compatible with Cakewalk

Hi,
I just bought an Akai EWI USB wind controller. I can't get it to make sound thru my  computer, and I can't get all the included sounds to appear in Bandlab Cakewalk. I am trying to  open up the virtual instrument labed as EWI USB, but it just doesn't seem to list all of the included sounds that come with this instrument.
I realize this is a bit esoteric, but I wonder if anybody has any suggestions. I did update the drivers for the controller. I have gone on their website, but no replies; perhaps they're not active on the weekend.
Thanks.
LNovik

3 Replies Related Threads

LENovik
    Re: Making an Akai EWI USB Wind controller compatible with Cakewalk 2018/12/02 14:16:55 (permalink)
    I should add that I was able to insert 1 of the the virtual instruments included with Sonar, called, I believe, TTS-1. I did choose a sax sound, and I can now easily hear the sound as I play the EWI. I assume if I go down to my music setup downstairs, with another computer, I'll be able to use the controller to play sounds from my hard synths. I guess I just can't seem to locate the sounds--and there are a bunch that were downloaded to my computer---that were bundled with this instrument.
    LNovik
    Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Making an Akai EWI USB Wind controller compatible with Cakewalk 2018/12/02 16:26:44 (permalink)
    So you VSTi that comes with the EWI, but you can't see it listed with the other synths?

It maybe the VSTi is not in the same folder as the other instruments when you installed it.

If so, go to the plug in manager and a select Options an add the folder address.

LENovik
    Re: Making an Akai EWI USB Wind controller compatible with Cakewalk 2018/12/03 00:51:29 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. I HAD been able to see the EWI under virtual instruments, but I was looking for Garrigan sounds, which is the company that supplies the samples. I had thought that the EWI was just the wind controller, which, by itself, has no sounds. I also realized that when I originally hit the EWI choice, the sounds did not  display--so I had thought they weren't connected. When I now double clicked on the icon on the top of the track, I was then able to bring up the sounds. It now  works or, should I say, I am now doing the correct things to make it work.
    Thanks again for helping me sort it out.
    LNovik
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1