Reamping through spidif with axe fx

Author
Vokalzz
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
2018/12/02 14:41:58 (permalink)

Reamping through spidif with axe fx

Does anyone here have experience with this set up?

I have my axe fx II mark II and its all set up through spidif. I want to remap but I just don't know how to set it up. If anyone here can give me a step by step for I/O. Im so confused on how to go about this in cakewalk.

My interface is the saffire pro 40

2 Replies Related Threads

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Reamping through spidif with axe fx 2018/12/04 02:07:27 (permalink)
    Add a track in sonar, set the input to the spidf. Set the output to anything you like. Click the input echo button. Now you should hear it.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Psychobillybob
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 882
    Re: Reamping through spidif with axe fx 2018/12/04 03:54:36 (permalink)
    You will need to first make sure your Fractal and Saffire are set at the same bit depth...spdif is pretty dumb-downed it is a simple digital audio protocol (spdif=consumer, AES is professional not much difference other than header info on first bit), but it will not play nice if the sample rates are different.

Next make sure your Saffire digital is enabled in Sonars input device...(I use Lynx and its a helluva gamble deciding Which channel is the AES digital in/spdif since there are like 16, I typically open my Lynx interface page, play some digital and see which channel is popping then map that one in Sonar)...

Beyond that I am of no help, I have used my Behringer V-amp like this, but tend to avoid doing it because the converters in my DAW and my outbaord tube preamps are better...

I HAVE done this from one DAW to another via spdif when sending over Kontakt samples/etc especially when I wanted to avoid inline noise and re-amping...straight in digital to the DAW IS cleaner once you set it up...you are actually sending in preconverted digital info ONLY, which is kinda sweet, the only noise is what you put into the first converter.

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1