Melodyne Sync Problem in SPlat 2017.10 When Clicking on Time Ruler to "Jump" Navigate

Author
Ken Matson
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
2017/11/03 16:02:50 (permalink)
5 (1)

Melodyne Sync Problem in SPlat 2017.10 When Clicking on Time Ruler to "Jump" Navigate

Hi!   I'm sure this issue was introduced well before 2017-10, but I did an update a few days ago from a real old version straight to 2017.10, so I don't know exactly when or what version it appeared in. I think I was on Newburyport before I updated, and this problem did not exist in that version.

Anyway ... SPLAT 2017-10 and Melodyne Studio 4.1.1 - Windows 10 - others have verified this. 100% reproducible.

Summary of the issue
If I have a Melodyne region and hit play, all is fine UNTIL I click in the time ruler to skip around while it is still playing. In that case, the Melodyne region loses its place and gets WAY out of sync with the rest of the tracks. Stopping and restarting the transport corrects it. This is 100% reproducible.

Steps:
1. Open existing or create new project with multiple tracks.
2. Create a Melodyne region on one of the tracks and do some edits in Melodyne. (not sure edits are necessary, but what the heck)
3. Save
4. Hit play - and WITHOUT stopping the transport, click in the timeline in various places to "skip around" in the song (within the Melodyne region length of course)

Expected Results:
Expect all tracks to jump to and play from where I click each time and remain in sync with each other. 

Actual Results:
The Melodyne track/region gets WAY out of sync with the other tracks. Stopping transport and re-starting "fixes" it. I tend to do the "click to skip around" a lot to review mixes, so this is a real pain for me! I'm currently having to work around by bouncing all Melodyne regions as I go. Again - I don't know when introduced, but it was not there in the fairly early version of platinum I had before updating the other day. I think that was Newburyport?

THANKS!
Ken Matson
717-632-3941
ken@soundworksaudio.com

1 Reply Related Threads

SvenArne
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2719
    Re: Melodyne Sync Problem in SPlat 2017.10 When Clicking on Time Ruler to "Jump" Navigate 2018/12/13 23:08:34 (permalink)
    Hi Cakewalk forum, it's been a while! I'm hijacking this year old thread since no one replied to it. 

I'm getting back into power using "SONAR" (as I like to call Cakewalk by Bandlab), and this issue is bugging me. Googling keywords produced this thread in which the OP sums up my problem perfectly. I remember having this issue with the last iterations of Splat as well (using Melodyne Studio 3 at the time, but now I'm on 4). So is this a known issue? Is there a known solution?

thanks
    Sven

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1