Author
stevetrusty11
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2018/12/23 03:55:35 (permalink)

New Computer is windows 10

After restoring my old Win 7 64bit computer back to normal from a
crash, I’ve bought a Win 10 computer.

I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to get splat, bandlab, izotope, xln and every waves plugin installed on the New computer. All projects and settings within.

My new computer came with Ilok preinstalled. I’ve never used it and I’m not sure how it would help.

Waves plugins are basically the only ones I can only have on 1 computer “at a time”. I understand there’s a way off changing back and forth on the same license as long as you deactivate, activate etc.

My problem is I don’t know where to begin with the license. I’m up to date with all software updates. I’ve basically just turned windows 10 on for the first time so learning this new os as well..

All in all I’d like to make the new computer my primary and not need the old for anything.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/23 04:24:24 (permalink)
    The Command Center still works and is the easiest way to install and activate Platinum. If you did not delete the installers (the Command Center does not automatically delete installers)  from the Command Center download area on the old PC, copy them to the new PC and save the download time.

The default path to the installers used by the Command Center is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads." The path tab on the Settings page of the Command Center shows the actual download path and has a button to open the path in Windows explorer. Click the gear in the upper right of the Command Center UI to open Settings.

If the installers are not on the old PC, install Command Center on the new PC and let it download, install andactivate Platinum. machine.

Once Platinum is installed, download BandLab Assistant and install CbB.

Grab the Melodyne installer from your Celemony account. Download the XLN installer from XLN Audio to install and activate Addictive Drums. Both Melodyne and XLN allow two concurrent installs. Manage the licenses in your account on their sites. Download the installers for iZotope products from your account on their site. They are pretty generous when it comes to installation and should not be a problem installing on the new machine.

I do not own any Waves products.
    chris.r
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 206
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/23 05:11:48 (permalink)
    With Waves it's quite easy. Use their software activation/license manager to download-upload licenses from the cloud, store them on an USB pendrive. You can then keep the pendrive with you while moving from pc to pc. That's it.
    slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/23 19:29:58 (permalink)
    Realize that a lot of the copy protection schemes require that deactivation must be done on the computer on which the activation was done. In other words make sure you deactivate your stuff on the old computer before it gets sold or trashed if you think you will need the stuff on a new computer. 
    stevetrusty11
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/24 14:33:09 (permalink)
    scook
    The Command Center still works and is the easiest way to install and activate Platinum. If you did not delete the installers (the Command Center does not automatically delete installers)  from the Command Center download area on the old PC, copy them to the new PC and save the download time.

The default path to the installers used by the Command Center is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads." The path tab on the Settings page of the Command Center shows the actual download path and has a button to open the path in Windows explorer. Click the gear in the upper right of the Command Center UI to open Settings.

If the installers are not on the old PC, install Command Center on the new PC and let it download, install andactivate Platinum. machine.

Once Platinum is installed, download BandLab Assistant and install CbB.

Grab the Melodyne installer from your Celemony account. Download the XLN installer from XLN Audio to install and activate Addictive Drums. Both Melodyne and XLN allow two concurrent installs. Manage the licenses in your account on their sites. Download the installers for iZotope products from your account on their site. They are pretty generous when it comes to installation and should not be a problem installing on the new machine.

I do not own any Waves products.

Good news! I don’t delete anything lol.

Bad news is that folder is home to 58 gigs. It has lots of other stuff besides every command center I ever downloaded, boutique effects, Anderson, cakewalks sound center setup, engineering fx suite, 30th anniversary cax Amps, London, rapture, platinum core plugins, sonar help doc, studio instrument suite, etc..

Do I ONLY need to use the most recent command center download which looks to be July 2016??

Do I need to do the same for all the other files in this folder or will the command center do that for me?

Thanks guys! I appreciate your help, #1 why I never left for another daw!

I’m pretty sure I’ve figured out Waves. Just hoping I can download the plugins to the new computer without having to repurchase. I understand I can move the license back and forth but I’m try to figure out the download part of Waves Plugins to my new computer Win 10.. Of course I’m not doing anything with waves till I get splat and bandlab up and running. I downloaded the Waves Center to the new one but yet to open and sign in.
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/24 15:02:50 (permalink)
    The Command Center download folder should contain only installers placed there by the Command Center. One would have to go to extraordinary effort to add extraneous files to the folder.

To get a full install of everything previously installed using the Command Center grab the latest version of each installer. This is probably what you want to do but if you only want to install just the SONAR program and forget about all the bundled plug-ins, the last SONAR install uses two files PlatinumCorePlugins_1.0.0.10.exe and SONAR_Platinum_Setup_23.10.0.14.exe. Installing these two files is about the same as installing CbB. IOW, practically none of the bundled software that makes up Platinum is in those two installers, just the SONAR program, a few PC modules, a couple of other plug-ins and utilities. 

Note: using only the most recent installers from the Command Center may result in missing a couple of plug-ins. For example, the original LP plug-ins were removed from the Engineering FX Suite around April 2016. The last installer to include those plug-ins was EngineeringFXSuiteSetup_1.0.0.13.exe. For cases like this, it may be easier to forget about the old plug-ins and add them as needed if you open an old project. Old plug-ins bundled with Platinum were also included in the Producer series. Getting the legacy plug-ins from older SONAR installers is as easy as running the old SONAR installer, selecting Advanced install and selecting the plug-in. If you only have Platinum, to get the old LP series back, either run EngineeringFXSuiteSetup_1.0.0.13.exe at the command line before installing the Engineer FX Suite using the Command Center or after installing the latest version, rollback to 1.0.0.13.
    stevetrusty11
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/25 00:05:01 (permalink)
    So everything has went pretty good. Only problem I’m having is “dimension p” won’t install. I have the last update on the new computer but not sure where to place it so the command center sees it (on the desktop). Other was professional which I had at one point. But nothing major there I’m worried about as all my projects were in splat..

Any direction to point me where to actually place the dimension pro file application so the command center will install it? Or is it another one to just let go?
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/25 00:13:34 (permalink)
    All the installers go in the same download folder.
    The last DP installer was D-ProInstall_1.5.5.16.exe
    BRainbow
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 399
    Re: New Computer is windows 10 2018/12/25 01:34:31 (permalink)
    You often have to install D-Pro as Administrator if you are doing it manually. Right click on the *.exe file and select "Run as Administrator."

Cakewalk (forever), Two WIN10 64-bit DAWs: home-brew ASRock x299 Taichi / i7 7820x w/ 64GB RAM and ASUS X99A-II / i7-5820K w/ 32GB RAM, ZOOM UAC 8, Mackie ONYX 1640i FW Mixer/Interface, Mackie ONYX 1200F, Avalon U5 PreAmp, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, EastWest Composer CloudX, Yamaha MOTIF XS8, Ensoniq SD-1 and ESQ-1, Korg M1rEX, Yamaha TX-81Z, Roland D110, Line6 HELIX Rack and Native, POD HD-Pro, POD Farm 2.5, Yamaha NS-10 and Presonus Eris E8 monitors, Yamaha Disklavier Upright Piano, mics, guitars, basses, and the cutest little tambourine.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1