Helpful ReplyMagix merge data? Trouble with Magix website

Author
cecelius2
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1494
2018/12/30 01:47:53 (permalink)

Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website

Hi:  I just tried to log into my Magix account for Samplitude Pro X3 Suite.  I got a message that in november they merged sites.  The new site does not list my products that I registered.  Further, their forum no longer recognizes my login.

I have not received any emails indicating the merger, nor of any announcements of any updates.

Anyone else having trouble accessing their Magix accounts from purchases last year?

I sent their service center a request but I know that others have complained about Magiz service in the past.

C2

Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 02:05:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kennywtelejazz 2018/12/30 05:36:14
Magix has the most infuriating and unhelpful website out of all the software companies I've encountered.
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 17:12:00 (permalink)
Any chance it could be related to the Magix vs. Magix Pro thing mentioned here?
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Samplitude-Pro-X3-Suite-Upgrade-SpectraLayers-Pro-offer-for-only-149-m3700766-p2.aspx

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

cecelius2
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 19:26:05 (permalink)
stevec
Any chance it could be related to the Magix vs. Magix Pro thing mentioned here?
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Samplitude-Pro-X3-Suite-Upgrade-SpectraLayers-Pro-offer-for-only-149-m3700766-p2.aspx

Stevec:  That is what I thought at first, but the two accounts are now merged according to the Magix Pro Service Center page.  The merge took place in Nov 2018.  Both sites are still up, but in late January 2019 there will only be one:  Magix Service Center.  As I noted, I did open a service ticket yesterday.  I will report back on what they say.

Also, my Samplitude Forum name, email no longer works.  I know that is a separate site, but it is strange that all of the Magix related sites are giving me trouble.  I may be wrong but I suspect that their progress at merging has corrupted or lost some of the user info.  

C2

burgerproduction
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 209
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 20:51:07 (permalink)
I've just logged on to Magix site and my products are all still there.
Have you tried a password reset and logged in on a different device?
I hate to say it, but you may have had your account hijacked.

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum Lifetimer, Windows 10, HP Laptop, CPU i5, RAM 8GB. Audio interface: Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface with moded drivers. Microphones: Audio-Technica, M-Audio, Behringer, AKG. Pianos: Casio digital, Yamaha B1 upright.  Guitars: Dobro, Tanglewood, Danelectro, Fender. Hats: Fez
Check out my music :
https://53mph.bandcamp.com/album/like-water-to-the-sand

cecelius2
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 22:29:10 (permalink)
Thanks burgerproduction.  I actually can log into my magix pro service center account--it works, but they do not list any of my products from last year.

Regarding the Magix Samplitude forum, I was able to get in using my forum user name instead of my email.  So I am making some progress.  If necessary, I can post there also for guidance about the merger.  They should know more details about the merger.

cecelius2
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 22:59:20 (permalink)
Bergerproduction--thanks again for your suggestion about reseting password.  That worked, and I was able to find my products now.  Your suggestion really helped!

Now the Magix Service Center (not the Magix Pro Audio Service Center) shows my products.
This merger and their multiple sites is very, very confusing.  Maybe (hopefully?) after the merger is complete it will be easier to navigate their website user area.

Thanks again very much
C2

Wayfarer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 831
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/30 23:38:50 (permalink)
I tried to tell ya'll, Magix sucks. Their video software has ALWAYS been full of bugs and they don't care. So sad to see they took over Vegas. I went to Vegas after Adobe Premiere went to subscription garbage. Now I'll have to dump Vegas somewhere down the line too. No idea what I'll be using next, but I'll never have anything to do with Magix ever again. They've got Nazis running that company.
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 02:53:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby marled 2018/12/31 10:10:37
I like Samplitude and Vegas, just not their site.
Larry Jones
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 07:12:18 (permalink)
Leadfoot
I like Samplitude and Vegas, just not their site.

Plus 1 on that. I bought Samplitude during the Gibson Crisis of 2017. It's quite powerful and I liked it a lot, but once Bandlab stepped in I decided to stay put.

Been using Vegas for 10 years or more. Video is hard. Any product that allows you to produce a professional-level product is going to be complicated.

Bottom line is the Germans (Magix) march to a different drum. I've never been fully in step with them, but I don't think it's anything they're doing to me on purpose.

PS: The new Bandlab forum is using the same discussion board software as Magix.

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
marled
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 10:14:00 (permalink)
I like Samplitude, too, but NOT the Magix site and the company's management!

... many years before ...
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 17:27:40 (permalink)
Wayfarer
I tried to tell ya'll, Magix sucks. Their video software has ALWAYS been full of bugs and they don't care. So sad to see they took over Vegas. I went to Vegas after Adobe Premiere went to subscription garbage. Now I'll have to dump Vegas somewhere down the line too. No idea what I'll be using next, but I'll never have anything to do with Magix ever again. They've got Nazis running that company.

Try Davinci Resolve 15 if your computer can run it.  It is Free, but just as powerful (if not more so) than both Vegas and Premiere Pro.  
Wayfarer
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 19:20:01 (permalink)
Interesting--thanks! HitFilm is another free one that looks promising except my graphics card isn't good enough for it, and it requires Windows 8 or 10. (I'm still on W-7.) Of course I'll have to be upgrading my computer before long anyway.
Brian Walton
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 21:09:30 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Interesting--thanks! HitFilm is another free one that looks promising except my graphics card isn't good enough for it, and it requires Windows 8 or 10. (I'm still on W-7.) Of course I'll have to be upgrading my computer before long anyway.

HitFilm Express (the free one), isn't nearly as powerful.  Essenitially it works as a fee but then pay for addons model 
Davinci comes with world class color grading tools in the box...serioiusly, it is the benchmark for color grading.  Programs like Vegas and Premiere need plugins to get to that level.  

It is nice they give a free crippled down version, but Davinci is actually a legitimate full blown featured NLE.  

Now whether or not your computer/graphics card can handle it, that is the real quesiton.  
Wayfarer
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 21:40:39 (permalink)
I read that the free version was quite good but that it only exported to mpg. And the full version is over $400. That's pretty pricey for me. Vegas Platinum had everything I needed for less than $100. I had a used version of Premiere Pro that I found really cheap or I couldn't have afforded that either.
Larry Jones
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2018/12/31 22:44:53 (permalink)
Brian Walton

Try Davinci Resolve 15 if your computer can run it.  It is Free, but just as powerful (if not more so) than both Vegas and Premiere Pro.  

Are you using DaVinci? I assumed that as an open source project it would not have proper licensing for all video formats, so I never tried it (aside from I'm not really having any unsolvable problems with Vegas 12).

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
burgerproduction
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 209
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2019/01/01 13:39:38 (permalink)
I use HitFilm, but have had lots of problems running it on my Win10 laptop; probably because my graphics card is old (NVidia GeForce). Projects would freeze up, crash, and I'd loose what little I was able to do in that time. Also, the encoding takes aaaaggggeees. 
I got hold of Vegas in the Humble Bundle deal so that I can ditch HitFilm for something more stable.  My way of thinking is: if a video software is free, they have probably crippled it to some extent, so I'm hoping a paid software will run better.
Da Vinci looks pretty cool - but I imagine there is steep learning curve. My brother-in-law once passed me a version of Avid 4 that he 'acquired' from work. I loaded it up, but decided it was too pro for my needs.

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum Lifetimer, Windows 10, HP Laptop, CPU i5, RAM 8GB. Audio interface: Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface with moded drivers. Microphones: Audio-Technica, M-Audio, Behringer, AKG. Pianos: Casio digital, Yamaha B1 upright.  Guitars: Dobro, Tanglewood, Danelectro, Fender. Hats: Fez
Check out my music :
https://53mph.bandcamp.com/album/like-water-to-the-sand

Brian Walton
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2019/01/01 17:34:26 (permalink)
Larry Jones
Brian Walton

Are you using DaVinci? I assumed that as an open source project it would not have proper licensing for all video formats, so I never tried it (aside from I'm not really having any unsolvable problems with Vegas 12).

It is anything but an open source project.  I realize that "free" implies that, but you can buy a $30,000 Davinci Console to run the thing  https://www.bhphotovideo....i_Resolve.html Or you can buy the $300 Software Version that allows amazing realtime colaboration between different people working on the same timeline...seriously pro stuff.  The thing is, the free version basically gives you virtually the entire package outside of the realtime colaboration, that unless you work in a produciton house, you wouldn't actually use.  The tools are all there unlike other companies crippled versions.    

Yes, I use DaVinci.  I also have Vegas 15 and Premiere Pro for use on other computers that can't run DaVinci and for projects I'm handed by other companies.  Vegas I rarely use.  Premiere Pro I've used a lot over the years, but I think Davinci is better out of the box.  It takes quite a few plugins to get Premiere Pro to have a comperable feature set. 

(Auto Multi Cam Sync in all packages is still imperfect)     

Vegas 12 is far behind what Davinci 15 can do.  If your compuer can run it, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.  
Brian Walton
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2019/01/01 17:40:15 (permalink)
burgerproduction
I use HitFilm, but have had lots of problems running it on my Win10 laptop; probably because my graphics card is old (NVidia GeForce). Projects would freeze up, crash, and I'd loose what little I was able to do in that time. Also, the encoding takes aaaaggggeees. 
I got hold of Vegas in the Humble Bundle deal so that I can ditch HitFilm for something more stable.  My way of thinking is: if a video software is free, they have probably crippled it to some extent, so I'm hoping a paid software will run better.
Da Vinci looks pretty cool - but I imagine there is steep learning curve. My brother-in-law once passed me a version of Avid 4 that he 'acquired' from work. I loaded it up, but decided it was too pro for my needs.

I personally found Vegas harder to use than Davinci coming from being very knowledgable with Premiere Pro.

I'm also familar with Avid, but have only used it for pro productions, not "personal" projects.

Yes, Davinci has some advanced functionality, but chances are you will never need or use the Fusion Tab.  The basic edit and color controls are very easy to grasp with a few tutorials.  With Vegas I'm constantly looking up "how do I do x"  as many basic functions just are not intuitive.  Even selecting and moving multiple clips on different timelines at once isn't as simple as just shift selecting and dragging.  For a Windows based program, it is pretty odd.  

Vegas rendering is quite slow.  I have found it will run on older machines, so to me that is the selling point of it.  (I'll reiterate, though Davinci is free, it is worlds more featured than Vegas).  
Larry Jones
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2019/01/02 04:46:24 (permalink)
Brian Walton

It is anything but an open source project.  I realize that "free" implies that, but you can buy a $30,000 Davinci Console to run the thing  https://www.bhphotovideo....i_Resolve.html Or you can buy the $300 Software Version that allows amazing realtime colaboration between different people working on the same timeline...seriously pro stuff.  The thing is, the free version basically gives you virtually the entire package outside of the realtime colaboration, that unless you work in a produciton house, you wouldn't actually use.  The tools are all there unlike other companies crippled versions.    

Yes, I use DaVinci.  I also have Vegas 15 and Premiere Pro for use on other computers that can't run DaVinci and for projects I'm handed by other companies.  Vegas I rarely use.  Premiere Pro I've used a lot over the years, but I think Davinci is better out of the box.  It takes quite a few plugins to get Premiere Pro to have a comperable feature set. 

Vegas 12 is far behind what Davinci 15 can do.  If your compuer can run it, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.  

Very impressive. The BlackMagic website is confusing, though, and does not seem to include system requirements to run Resolve 15. I guess since I have to ask I probably couldn't run it anyway. Since I just make make pretty simple music videos and slide shows I think for now I'll stick to what I have. I agree Vegas does do things backwards from Premiere, but it's consumer-level, and I'm used to it, and I know for sure it runs on my PC.

Brian Walton
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2019/01/02 15:48:04 (permalink)
Larry Jones
Brian Walton

Very impressive. The BlackMagic website is confusing, though, and does not seem to include system requirements to run Resolve 15. I guess since I have to ask I probably couldn't run it anyway. Since I just make make pretty simple music videos and slide shows I think for now I'll stick to what I have. I agree Vegas does do things backwards from Premiere, but it's consumer-level, and I'm used to it, and I know for sure it runs on my PC.

You won't know until you try it (if you choose to at some point).  Listing specs isn't really straightforward.  

It won't run on my older i3 desktop with dedicated graphics card that completely dominates my Lenovo T470.  That i3 computer will run 4 HD multi-cams with no problem on Premiere Pro.  Davinci won't even open on it.  However it will run on both a Laptop T450 and T470 with run of the mill onboard graphics cards.  Though I wouldn't use a bunch of multi-cams with those setups.  
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
Re: Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website 2019/01/02 17:20:11 (permalink)
I had problems years ago when Sony handed over their products to Magix.  I was unable to gain access to my Sony CD Architect 5.2 and Sony Sound-Forge V 8 software after my hard drive crashed. I finally heard back from Magix and they sent me to a location where I  was able to change my password and gain access to their site which had my software.

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1