My last and final SONAR questions...seriously

Author
Just Another Bloke
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 861
2018/12/30 22:24:51 (permalink)

My last and final SONAR questions...seriously

I had to a fresh install on a new SSD hard drive (too long of a story why), and so I decided to install my last SONAR Platinum (before CbB). I did from my saved installer.

I'm not sure what went wrong but it stared out in Demo mode. So, I did an offline activation. No biggie really.

My 1st question is this: Did SONAR online activation get "deactivated"? 

My 2nd question is: Will the link to get to "My Products" be active once the forum goes down?  

post edited by Just Another Bloke - 2019/01/09 14:31:17

14 Replies Related Threads

Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2018/12/31 05:02:25 (permalink)
    Good questions.

But I do know of another person who recently had his install of SPlat and a plugin go into Demo mode for no apparent reason. Then just as suddenly as they quit working they were again activated. Maybe something is up with the servers?

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Just Another Bloke
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2018/12/31 21:23:23 (permalink)
    Thinking about it now it's possible that when this forum goes dark:

a) the legacy product installers/activations may be part of the BandLab Assistant
    b) All Cakewalk, Inc products will be "unlocked"
    c) nothing may happen because it's not been thought out yet

As Mooch4056 says, "It's C. It's always C".  
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/02 01:11:39 (permalink)
    The only thing that matters is the extra stuff we got with Splat. We don't need the core program anymore. Most of that has it's own installers and registration so I don't think I  lose anything if the old CCC system dies.  I even scored the activations for things like Overloud. Not sure what would be missing if there was no CCC or server and I did a fresh install. Probably nothing important. 

They won't be unlocking anything as why and how would that happen? It would take up staff time to re code stuff and there is nothing gained by Bandlab if they do. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

BMOG
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 638
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/08 00:49:27 (permalink)
    I just had this same issue and was wondering the same thing. I have not made the leap to the bandlab version yet and I may never because I am satisfied with the latest version of legacy SPLAT. Once the forum goes dark and I need to install again for whatever reason are you saying I will be forced to use the bandlab version? My assumption without CCC there is no way around getting out of demo mode is there? I am a lifetime subscriber to SPLAT if that matters

www.jsuntylermusic.com
    Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBWfLp0D4F0l_YWiQpN5AN_HbSpaIe8bk
    Sonar Platinum |ASUS Desktop PC|Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6GHz|8 GM of Memory|64Bit|Yamaha 01v96i|Motu MK3 Ultralite not active|Roland Octa Capture not active|Motif XS7|Ravenscroft 275 VST|KOMPLETE 10
    Just Another Bloke
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/08 01:28:37 (permalink)
    BMOG,

I believe that the forum and your "Cakewalk, Inc," (not BandLab) account page will/should remain separate. 

For me it's just that for some reason in order to do a fresh install of SPlat I had to do an offline authorization. No biggie as long as the servers remain on line. 

WRT being a lifetime "subscriber" that ship has sailed (and sank). You simply have a license to continue using the last version of SPlat you paid for.

FWIW, I've not needed to open SPlat for anything but a "check" on a situation that Paulo reported here in the SONAR forum.  I get all my SONAR/Cakewalk needs covered by CbB.
    Jimbo 88
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1828
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/08 01:43:26 (permalink)
    BMOG
    I just had this same issue and was wondering the same thing. I have not made the leap to the bandlab version yet and I may never because I am satisfied with the latest version of legacy SPLAT. Once the forum goes dark and I need to install again for whatever reason are you saying I will be forced to use the bandlab version? My assumption without CCC there is no way around getting out of demo mode is there? I am a lifetime subscriber to SPLAT if that matters

you should make the jump to Bandlab just to have on your computer for safety if nothing else,   CbB is just an updated version of Splat anyway. Just try it and if it doesn't feel right go back to Splat, but at least you won't be totally hung out to dry if Splat goes bad on you.

Cakewalk By Bandlab
    Cubase 9.5 Pro
    Windows 7 64 Bit   Core i7-8700   32 Gig Ram 3.20ghz  
    RME Fireface 400 Audio Card
    Behringer FCA 1616
    Sweetwater Creation Station

rcklln
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 421
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/08 03:06:43 (permalink)
    It would be nice to know what happens to Sonar Platinum (activation wise) and when.
    Just Another Bloke
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/09 14:31:40 (permalink)
    Still.....no answers.
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/09 20:27:30 (permalink)

Cactus Music
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/09 20:45:28 (permalink)
    You need to ask this question on the new forum. Bandlab staff do not read these posts as far as I can tell.
    And we were told a year ago that they had no plans on shutting down the "Gibson" servers in the near future, what ever that means. The way this world work, nobody will really care about the few stragglers left behind. But then:::
    For me the big question would be this:
    2 years from now I build a new computer and now there is no support or servers at all for Splat.
    What would I be missing from my VST collections ?
    As I said I have authorizations from most of the 3rd party vendors but what included content is now missing in CbB?

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  

Just Another Bloke
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/10 06:03:33 (permalink)
    I'll consider asking "over there".
    whattarush
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 713
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/10 16:30:19 (permalink)
    You may want to copy and paste all of your authorization and registrations codes into a notepad file (or equivalent) and save all of your product installation files unto a backup drive. As for as SPLAT, it may be best to just install Cakewalk by Bandlab, then use your other product installation files to install any content that you have that CbB doesn't install. I wouldn't trust CCC to be viable too much longer, not after Gibson suddenly dropped the product with absolutely no prior notice or warning. Who's to say they won't do the same with CCC.

"When your moving in the positive, your destination is the brightest star"!!! www.elmarqrecords.com/ www.reverbnation.com/label/elmarqrecordsllc" www.facebook.com/pages/ElMarq-Records/160103362281 "Never look down on anyone UNLESS you're picking them up!"
    Cactus Music
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/10 20:23:04 (permalink)
    whattarush
    You may want to copy and paste all of your authorization and registrations codes into a notepad file (or equivalent) and save all of your product installation files unto a backup drive. As for as SPLAT, it may be best to just install Cakewalk by Bandlab, then use your other product installation files to install any content that you have that CbB doesn't install. I wouldn't trust CCC to be viable too much longer, not after Gibson suddenly dropped the product with absolutely no prior notice or warning. Who's to say they won't do the same with CCC.

If you are addressing this to me, yes we ( most of us on the forum) did all this last December after much discussion about how to future proof ourselves.
    Myself I copied all the installation files to at least 4 back up drives. I also made a notepad with all my codes.
    I also took screenshots of all my codes.
    I have X3e so that was my last resort if we lost SPlat. It would have been tough to go back that far but myself I found no love of the other DAW's I tried last year. I also installed Splat to 6 different computers. I figured it might be 10 years before all of those died completely.  So just think about how happy I am now we have what we have. So even if that dies I'm ready and prepared.

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  

Just Another Bloke
    Re: My last and final SONAR questions...seriously 2019/01/11 07:39:12 (permalink)
    Excellent answers by all, even Paulo.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1