Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 381
2005/03/18 09:09:46 (permalink)

Pentasynco

Hello everyone,

Here is my latest project "Pentasynco."

You can find "Pentasynco" at .....

http://grandpatunes.com/tunes.htm

As always I welcome your suggestions and comments.

gt

If you don't know where you're going, you can't lost.

4 Replies Related Threads

ed_mcg
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2741
    RE: Pentasynco 2005/03/18 12:54:30 (permalink)
    Bob,
    The thing that I like in this (and your other pieces) is the chord progressions and the way the melodies float over them.

On this, I didn't care so much for the intro up to 0:20, also there's a synth that comes in at 0:21 that plays a continuous 8th note line throughout the rest of the tune - I think the song would be improved if it were gone.

I like the sound of the pad that comes in at 1:00 and 3:00, you could keep this throughout.
    Grandpa Tunes
    RE: Pentasynco 2005/03/19 10:03:20 (permalink)
    Thanks for taking the time to listen and thanks for your comments.

gt

ORIGINAL: ed_mcg

Bob,
    The thing that I like in this (and your other pieces) is the chord progressions and the way the melodies float over them.

On this, I didn't care so much for the intro up to 0:20, also there's a synth that comes in at 0:21 that plays a continuous 8th note line throughout the rest of the tune - I think the song would be improved if it were gone.

I like the sound of the pad that comes in at 1:00 and 3:00, you could keep this throughout.

gugliel
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 449
    RE: Pentasynco 2005/03/19 11:19:19 (permalink)
    Nice music! I found some of the timbres to be mis-matched --- just an idea -- do you have bad speakers, amp, ears?

Not being insulting, just that the pitch, rhythm, chord material is very well put together but the sounds seem to be coming from oddly dissimilar places -- the very clear vibes plus the tinny sitar? of a guitar. The pad sound works well, as ed sed.

www.soundclick.com/guglielmo
    Grandpa Tunes
    RE: Pentasynco 2005/03/20 10:38:36 (permalink)
    Thanks for taking the time to listen and thanks for the comments.

As to your question about "speakers, amp or ears" - JBL studio monitors, Peavey M-2600 stereo slave and quite a bit above average. (It's my brain that is suspect)

Did you like the 5/4?

Once again, thanks for taking the time.

gt

ORIGINAL: gugliel

Nice music! I found some of the timbres to be mis-matched --- just an idea -- do you have bad speakers, amp, ears?

Not being insulting, just that the pitch, rhythm, chord material is very well put together but the sounds seem to be coming from oddly dissimilar places -- the very clear vibes plus the tinny sitar? of a guitar. The pad sound works well, as ed sed.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1