Carousel Horse Naked

Author
billboutin
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 483
2005/03/19 08:32:24 (permalink)

Carousel Horse Naked

This is an almost unplugged version of Carousel Horse I did especially for Muddy Leopard. I only used the Yamaha keyboard for the fretless bass, the drums were written in HS 2 with the pattern brush and played through the Edirol softsynth, then the acoustic guitars through the electrodynamic mic, and one vocal. Think I finally found an EQ setting that fits my humble Peavey

Carousel Horse

11 Replies Related Threads

burkek
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/19 08:45:27 (permalink)
    I think the last time I remarked on one of your tracks was many months ago, and I seem to remember being somewhat harsh (what, me?). Either I'm getting soft, or (in my opinion) you're improving with age.

I'm not familiar with this song, but I suspect some of the guitar changes are tricky (and I'm not a guitarist), but you certainly warmed up toward the middle of the track. This song suited your vocals, and I like that you didn't hold back (now I'm sounding like Paula Abdul from American Idol ...). This is exactly the type of song that suits the "unplugged" treatment, and I thought your EQ was just fine on the guitar.

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
    AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

muddy leopard
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 297
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/19 09:45:52 (permalink)
    thanks bill

the file was real big and took forever to download ... give me a little time

it's a great song

i'd appreciate you sending the vocal track only to my yahoo ... and tell me timing / bpm, so i can set up a rhythm track to accompany my additions / interpretation ...

muddy
    billboutin
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/20 07:04:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: elektroniqa

I think the last time I remarked on one of your tracks was many months ago, and I seem to remember being somewhat harsh (what, me?). Either I'm getting soft, or (in my opinion) you're improving with age.

I'm not familiar with this song, but I suspect some of the guitar changes are tricky (and I'm not a guitarist), but you certainly warmed up toward the middle of the track. This song suited your vocals, and I like that you didn't hold back (now I'm sounding like Paula Abdul from American Idol ...). This is exactly the type of song that suits the "unplugged" treatment, and I thought your EQ was just fine on the guitar.

KEv

I've been improving with practice, and with a bunch of other things, better environment mainly. I'm not a guitarist either, the chords are simple but I tend to change rhythm a lot, probably my ADD
    billboutin
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/20 07:07:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: muddy leopard

thanks bill

the file was real big and took forever to download ... give me a little time

it's a great song

i'd appreciate you sending the vocal track only to my yahoo ... and tell me timing / bpm, so i can set up a rhythm track to accompany my additions / interpretation ...

muddy

I'll send it up straight away. I also spent all morning yesterday working on I Can't Go to School Today, but every time I do I raise a blister Don't know if I'll get to that or not, may just do each part once then cut and paste
    Abbey
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 159
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/24 03:41:48 (permalink)
    got k 7 on this endd take it white >>>>>>

ktttt <<<<<
    billboutin
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/24 04:54:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Abbey

got k 7 on this endd take it white >>>>>>

ktttt <<<<<

Excuse Me?

You have some nice strings on Mighty Joust.
    pilfa
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 410
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/24 05:02:26 (permalink)
    Hi Bill, went to have a listen but soundclick is down.... will try again later.... seems everyone is getting the above stupid messages!!
    billboutin
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/24 07:19:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pilfa

Hi Bill, went to have a listen but soundclick is down.... will try again later.... seems everyone is getting the above stupid messages!!

Soundcrash is really starting to annoy me, but at least I can post my music for free and not even have to "work" for them by writing a bunch of reviews. We have a saying here in the land of the Almighty Dollar: "What do you want for nothing?"
    SteveJL
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/25 17:08:52 (permalink)
    Gave this a listen Bill, and I think it sounds great. I can tell you've reworked it from the way I remember it, and I gotta say this is the nicest sounding version I've heard yet. Good job.

billboutin
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/25 17:44:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveJL

Gave this a listen Bill, and I think it sounds great. I can tell you've reworked it from the way I remember it, and I gotta say this is the nicest sounding version I've heard yet. Good job.

Steve, thanks a lot! BTW I like your signature. I've also reworked the orchestration, it sounds a lot better too, but I've been trying to rework the guitar to fit in better, and the weather got bad so my athritis is acting up, ah, well...
    muddy leopard
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 297
    RE: Carousel Horse Naked 2005/03/31 09:34:06 (permalink)
    hi bill - my version of Carousel Horse is at the soundclick link below ... sorry it took so long. Your vocals are there, the rest is me and the drum loops .... i'm not too sure whether it works or not - the sound is very 'full' and the dance beat may not be to your taste .... but it kind of rocks for me.

had it sitting on my pc for at least two weeks and only got around to mixing it today (got an ozone machine yesterday, and i'm treating myself generously, which is why i'm full of energy today). Getting off topic.

I do hope you like my mix. It's a great song. Would also work well with just piano and Neil Young singing.

ML
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1