New Song - Not In This Life

Author
Dazed
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 665
2005/04/03 17:52:41 (permalink)

New Song - Not In This Life

This is something a bit different for us. My partner wrote this one with the idea of changing our sound around a bit. We have had some conversations about if our songs are starting to sound similar in nature.

This one is called Not In This Life. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for listening,
Dazed

3 Replies Related Threads

MannyNY
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: New Song - Not In This Life 2005/04/03 19:47:05 (permalink)
    Very cool – a Steely Dan quality for sure (of course, that’s a good thing as far as I’m concerned). I like the way it sort of plods along, a subtle but strong groove. Lyrics are pretty good – I usually don’t like “first person” type lyrics but the nature of these works and it’s more of an “observers” kind of lyric. I’d throw in a horn section – and some chick singers – it’ll be golden.

“I have to take my lunch to work” – love it.
    Rasmuth
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 164
    RE: New Song - Not In This Life 2005/04/03 20:35:35 (permalink)
    I absolutely love the piano in this tune...it's simple, yet wildly effective and it totally sits well in the mix...yet it cuts through beautifully.

Lyrics are strong...intelligent and the vocals smooth as a baby's butt...I really love your voice...not just this tune...but all I've heard from you guys.

The mix is very strong...you guys have a great system worked out and make a great duo...nice job...I've already downloaded this.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=250426

Everyone has a song inside, some of us choose to let it out.
    Dazed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 665
    RE: New Song - Not In This Life 2005/04/03 23:05:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MannyNY

Very cool – a Steely Dan quality for sure (of course, that’s a good thing as far as I’m concerned). I like the way it sort of plods along, a subtle but strong groove. Lyrics are pretty good – I usually don’t like “first person” type lyrics but the nature of these works and it’s more of an “observers” kind of lyric. I’d throw in a horn section – and some chick singers – it’ll be golden.

“I have to take my lunch to work” – love it.

Thanks for listening and the feedback Manny. My partner did all the music on this one I added the lyrics/vocals. He is not really a piano player, or so he says, but I think he did an excellent job on this piece.

ORIGINAL: Rasmuth
    I absolutely love the piano in this tune...it's simple, yet wildly effective and it totally sits well in the mix...yet it cuts through beautifully.

Lyrics are strong...intelligent and the vocals smooth as a baby's butt...I really love your voice...not just this tune...but all I've heard from you guys.

The mix is very strong...you guys have a great system worked out and make a great duo...nice job...I've already downloaded this.

Hey Ras ;)

Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated. Personally I did not think it was one of my best vocal efforts. I am having some recording issues lately I am trying to work through. FloridaMusic, as always did an excellent job on the mix and writing this song. He had some reservations about this track but I thought it came out well.

Thanks again for all who have listened!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1