Digital Aura - Morning Star (Vocal Mix) - PROJECT5 only

Author
Digital Aura
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5118
2005/04/09 20:14:33 (permalink)

Digital Aura - Morning Star (Vocal Mix) - PROJECT5 only

Hi fellas!

Wondered if anyone wanted to hear a project done entirely in P5.

Well...maybe the vox could be mixed better, but it's about the best I could do with what I had and with my level of experience. This is my fourth song I've done.

Feel free to bash it, Im EZ. Some tips would be nice from those more experienced with vocals.

post edited by Digital Aura - 2005/04/10 13:35:59

6 Replies Related Threads

Alexstarr
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: Digital Aura - Morning Star (my first vocal trance tune!) 2005/04/10 02:30:36 (permalink)
    digital,

To tell the truth, I real wasn't sure of what trance was supposed to sound like. I've heard some stuff before that I assumed was trance, but really have no background on it or what by definition, it is.. Still I took a listen.

Very nice mix, man.. I was surprised. You were all over the 180 degree area but in a good way.. you worked the space.

I"m not much of a vocal person, but the vocals seemed ok to me. but I'll leave that for someone else to answer. Nice job.

Alec

Renaissance 6-string electric (prototype) (1980), Gibson Dove (1967), Mackie 1202VLZ, Rubicon R5a, POD XT, M-Audio Radium 61 key, Roland Juno-D, Sonar 8PE, GTP3, Profire 610

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=325403
    Digital Aura
    RE: Digital Aura - Morning Star (my first vocal trance tune!) 2005/04/10 08:32:40 (permalink)
    Thanks for leaving your comfort zone then Alex! I suppose the "trance" people would classify it more as DANCE but this is what "mainstream" trance sounds like.
    I realize the vocals may not work as well as I'd hoped...after all she's a pro soprano and Im an amateur never having mixed vox....but.
    Thanks for checking it out!
    SteveJL
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: Digital Aura - Morning Star (my first vocal trance tune!) 2005/04/10 09:07:38 (permalink)
    I feel you've done a fantastic job on this. It sounds great, and her vocals really work for me. I also echo the kudos on using space well.

jsykes
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 631
    RE: Digital Aura - Morning Star (Vocal Mix) - PROJECT5 only 2005/04/10 18:03:54 (permalink)
    Digital:
    I enjoyed listening to this song. Tried Sat. but Soundclick ... oh well.

Your music is excellent. Trance or dance, I love it.

There is no question that she has a good voice. It sounds well mixed. My comment would be that perhaps she does not have the right voice for this song. Her voice reminds me of Julie Andrews, prim and proper. Is that what you want here? If the answer is no, maybe that is why you don't feel comfortable with the vocals.

What would this song sound like with someone who has the same vocal talent, but is more laid back or sings the lyrics in a sexier, for lack of a better term, style?

I enjoyed the song, but like you, I felt some ambivalence toward the vocal element.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Digital Aura
    RE: Digital Aura - Morning Star (Vocal Mix) - PROJECT5 only 2005/04/10 20:05:28 (permalink)
    Wow Jeff...you really nailed it there.

She's a great singer but she's the wrong singer. When you're right, you're right!

I'm gonna try another vocalist I think. Thanks for taking the time to check back and listen!
    I appreciate that!
    rolo95
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1607
    RE: Digital Aura - Morning Star (Vocal Mix) - PROJECT5 only 2005/04/11 13:59:04 (permalink)
    hey man

excelent textures....effects synths.... and atmosphere..... but....
    but but......

need power on the SNARE..... the comping hits are oks.... but the main snare is
    absent... remmebr that the trance/dance genere relies on the BEAT .... if you
    have a weak foundation... altough you have a pretty decoration and arquitectural design
    your skyscrapper will fall...

the kick needs also boost and choose another kick.... ( same as the snare )

all the bells and whistles are there.....

just RAISE THE KICK and SNAREEEEE and you will have a winner.....

the bass is...mmm.... need definition...
    maybe another patch work better..

as jsykes says.... the female vox timbre dont get in to the genere....

the vox need more compression and shine....
    the vox on that type of productions are compressed to death....

love.. .your synth lines....!!!!!!
    and the effects you have mede on the vox... the inverse reverb like fades...

Keep the good work
    Rolo.

post edited by rolo95 - 2005/04/11 14:01:35

-----------------------------------------------------
    THERE IS NO POWER Without KNOWLEDGE !!!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1