Christian Rap

Author
General Bill
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 49
2005/05/18 20:52:59 (permalink)

Christian Rap

Here is a new song I just finished working on with a friend. It's ear candy to the faithful.

Holy Ghost Party

3 Replies Related Threads

bmxplosive
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 369
    RE: Christian Rap 2005/05/20 16:12:58 (permalink)
    Good production man. Some of the production style reminds me of Group X, if you know them. The do a lot of little echo things panned left and right like you've done. Sometimes the guy singing the chorus seems a little monotoned which could make the message seem less serious, but other than that, nothing else stuck out when I was listening. Keep up the good work.

Swaff
    BlindDog
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 985
    RE: Christian Rap 2005/05/20 19:57:48 (permalink)
    Definitely an interesting mix. I agree the vox could be a bit more enthusiastic - "The joy of the Lord is upon this place": I would have expected a bit more enthusiasm in this line in particular. One of the vocalists has good enthusiasm, one other, well, not so much.

But definitely, keep up the good work.

-Kevin
    Accidents "happen". Success, however, is planned and executed.
    M
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1516
    RE: Christian Rap 2005/05/21 12:28:01 (permalink)
    There's something bizarre about this, to me! It's kind of whitey-white bread sounding, and not just 'cause the lead voice sounds like a white male. The track sounds kind of imitation-rap, rather than real-thing. (Sorry, I know that's a vague critique.) I think I like the musical ideas, but the sounds are kind of cheezy.

On the other hand, it sounds like you spent some time putting this together. I'd think about beefing up the backing tracks, sound-wise, and addressing the enthusiasm-factor that others have already pointed out. The overall effect does kind of make you wonder if this is serious or a tongue-in-cheek send-up.

M
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1