Ready for a debut and critisism.

Author
blueelectron9
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 401
2005/05/29 22:30:15 (permalink)

Ready for a debut and critisism.

Hello.

I've recently finished my first six pieces using SONAR 4 Producer Edition. I use loop samples from X-Mix Studio Loops: 2 Techno & Progressive House.

I used TTS-1, Z3TA+, and Pentagon as sound sources. I used Pantheon, Phase, FXPad, et al. for effects.

My opinion of them: I like them but I think they sound a bit elementary. There are not enough elements or changes to make it interesting for a long listen.

My first piece was Traffic* (started in Home Studio 2004) and I used some of the samples from HS2004.

Bombs Away* uses Z3TA+ on five channels, Pentagon I, and the Cakewalk TTS-1.

Cameo sounds like circus music and is probably good for kids parties and clowns doing magic tricks.

Solstice* is hot and uses the Cakewalk MIDI groove clips. Hard to say if this is my favorite or Bombs Away.

You may also like Sad Scott and Scott's Tune.

Peace, and thanks in advance,
Scotty

*Favorites

2 Replies Related Threads

Outofmymind
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Ready for a debut and critisism. 2005/05/30 01:38:14 (permalink)
    Fun stuff!

I imagine the video for "Trafic" will be a super-fast-motion clip of a guy who's turn it is to car pool. You see, he goes from one place to the next to pick up his co-workers and....

Saw the magic tricks being performed in "Cameo".

The other stuff seems really repetative.... I'M JOKING!!! Okay... the reason that's funny is..... never mind.
    blueelectron9
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 401
    RE: Ready for a debut and critisism. 2005/05/30 19:09:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reviews. I'm going to play to Z3TA+ some more and split the songs up and add swirling layers to it. Should make it a bit more interesting.

Peace,
    Scotty
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1