MIDI and battery2 drum plug in

Author
BarryMc
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 38
2005/06/05 08:14:46 (permalink)

MIDI and battery2 drum plug in

All can anyone help me before I email support.

I bought battery 2 which is a drum software plug in.According to all the drum and bass guys at Turnkey in London it is one of the best but I cannot make it work with guitar pro3. Apparently if I had cubase all I would have to do is add a midi to a track go to the midi editor and link it to the battery software. My question is how do you do this in Gutair pro 3 ?
I believe I have installed battery correctly as when I click on one of its samlpes squares in the software I can hear the sample but I just cannot get any beat out of it.
Any help on this would be well recieved.

5 Replies Related Threads

LouTheBlueGuru
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: MIDI and battery2 drum plug in 2005/06/05 08:36:34 (permalink)
    Well, I hate to be the one that gives you bad news, but if battery 2 is for use with MIDI, then it will not work with GTP3. GTP3 is audio only. You need to have sampled audio files to work with GTP3. You would need to upgrade to Sonar or Cubase to use battery 2. Some of the more experienced GTP3 users might be able to shed more light on this problem.
    southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: MIDI and battery2 drum plug in 2005/06/05 23:24:40 (permalink)
    well...Lou took care of the difficult part. Yeah, GTP3 = no midi. Battery 2, being a VSTi (midi controlled instrument) will not work. Like Lou mentioned, Sonar, Cakewalk's flagship software, supports midi. Cakewalk Home Studio (XL or the other version) supports midi as well, could perhaps upgrade to that (little less expensive)

peace

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

groovetracks
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 193
    RE: MIDI and battery2 drum plug in 2005/06/07 14:29:57 (permalink)
    this is my only big grievence with GTP3 - the no midi thing - I would pay extra in the future for the inclusion of midi. I am in the same prediciment bro - i guess the cheapest way to go would be home studio which if you are registered isn't that expensive. At least when you do get another sequencer you have battery which is probably the best software on the market for drums. It's funny you know - when i bought gtp3 i thought who the hell needs midi i just call in some cats to lay down some keys etc but i'm wondering now how anybody who is remotely serious can live without midi - unless of course you are in a band or have bulk cash to pay session dudes. Good luck man and if you don't go with home studio or sonar i would say cubase would be your next best bet. C'mon cakewalk people - please add midi in the future to this otherwise awesome software
    post edited by groovetracks - 2005/06/07 14:31:56

reason inhabited by craziness is where the cradle resides.

www.groovetracksrecords.com
    www.cdbaby.com/nakedsoul
    www.sheepskindownunder.ca
    BarryMc
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 38
    RE: MIDI and battery2 drum plug in 2005/06/11 13:31:26 (permalink)
    many thanks for your replies. whats the best way of recording drums on this software then?
    southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: MIDI and battery2 drum plug in 2005/06/11 17:09:52 (permalink)
    Barry

a drum kit, drum machine or loops are pretty much your only options.

peace

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1