OT: Good sound FX for loop manglers

Author
rjt
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1017
2005/06/06 22:11:19 (permalink)

OT: Good sound FX for loop manglers

My birthday is coming up so I am treating myself to some software. Today I bought Camel Phat3 and Camel Space.... two multi effects. You can get them both for about $150. Have been messing around with them and they are a lot of fun. These units really mangle a loop. I can tell I am just going to have to read the help files!! Just thought I would let everyone know there are lots of places to spent your money!

http://www.camelaudio.com/index.php?flash=1

Take Care,

ps I do not work for Camel Audio or have any affiliation with them. Just pointing these out if you are interested.

Talk is cheap; supply outweighs the demand.

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright before you hear them speak.

Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys, Andy Reid owns them!!

2 Replies Related Threads

RJ
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: OT: Good sound FX for loop manglers 2005/06/09 13:10:04 (permalink)
    Hey rjt,
    Happy Birthday.

I've been looking at these plugs and watched the videos about them. I own Cameleon and it is a marval of a synth but this morphing matrix idea in these plugs is also in Cameleon. Do you, or does anyone, know if there would be any added benefit to purchasing these?

Thanks,
    RJ

McLilith
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: OT: Good sound FX for loop manglers 2005/06/18 18:35:05 (permalink)
    Hi RJ,

It's true that CamelPhat and CamelSpace have an X-Y pad, as does Cameleon 5000, but only Cameleon actually performs morphing between different voices. The X-Y pad in CamelSpace and CamelPhat gives you a convenient control surface to simultaneously control two parameters of your choice. It's very handy, but it's not quite the same as morphing.

As for added benefits, the effects in CamelPhat3 and CamelSpace are different than the effects in Cameleon. So even if you intend to use them with Cameleon, they will offer a wider palette of sounds than you can get from Cameleon alone. Of course, the biggest added benefit is the fact that they can be used with any signal source in your VSTi host.

There are also demo versions of the plugins available, if you want to try them for yourself.

take care,
    Glen Berry
    Camel Audio Tech Support
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1