Author
eriksongwriter
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 130
2005/06/07 02:18:05 (permalink)

copy and paste from the edit window don't work

Hey P5 forum,

Anyone have these problems?

Copy and paste when clicking on edit fly down don't work most of the time. When using copy and paste bye right clicking on the mouse seems to work fine. No big deal really.

Another problem that's frustrating is the up and down scrolling arrows don't work from time to time. This up and down scrolling problem was happening in P5 V1.5. Cakewalk please fix this. Other than those few problems P5 V2 is the very best.

Thanks Cakewalk

5 Replies Related Threads

eriksongwriter
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: copy and paste from the edit window don't work 2005/06/07 03:49:54 (permalink)
    I now have noticed that the up and down scroll arrows do work ok. It just looks like there not. They do act strange though. At times the scroll bar is all the way up to the top...... yet there still 5 tracks above it.
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: copy and paste from the edit window don't work 2005/06/07 09:11:07 (permalink)
    Copy and paste when clicking on edit fly down don't work most of the time. When using copy and paste bye right clicking on the mouse seems to work fine.

what's fly down? 'clicking on edit fly down' ?

i do a great deal of copy/pasting, so I'd be interested in knowing what you're seeing, but I can't make out what you're saying.
    I copy by dragging a lot -- when you paste, the notes pasted may very well show up on top of what was already selected and you have to drag them over to where you want them. Otherwise you can end up with double notes and maybe it looks like nothing has happened.

vOidvOice
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 92
    RE: copy and paste from the edit window don't work 2005/06/07 11:49:49 (permalink)

whats the fly down

I believe he means the menu bar "Edit" thing doomahicky whatcahmacallit. The word escapes me at the moment.

Anyways I never use that, just "ALT C" , "ALT V". Have had no problems with them or the right click menu.
    No longer use drag and drop, had loss of information using that.

The "scroll by" is to fast for me. Might be my mouse. It seem to be very sensitive, expands or contracts to fast.
    A quailifier key to slow it down would be nice.
    mike85021
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1532
    RE: copy and paste from the edit window don't work 2005/06/07 13:59:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: vOidvOice

whats the fly down

I'm thinking "dropdown menu?"

...just "ALT C" , "ALT V". Have had no problems with them or the right click menu.
    No longer use drag and drop, had loss of information using that. ...

I think you mean Ctrl "C" (copy) and Crtl "V" (paste) unless you're not MS windows. Also handy Ctrl "X" (cut) & Ctrl "Z" (undo).

Mikey T
    Eclectica de Esoterium
  • mike85021 @cox.net
    Just say NO!
    RJ
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: copy and paste from the edit window don't work 2005/06/07 15:27:22 (permalink)
    I copy by dragging a lot -- when you paste, the notes pasted may very well show up on top of what was already selected and you have to drag them over to where you want them. Otherwise you can end up with double notes and maybe it looks like nothing has happened.

... Oh, Yeah... I noticed this right off. But now I'm used to it. I don't even look at this as a bug anymore or nuttin, naughhhh. I wouldn't bother to fix that.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1