Possible New User With Questions

Author
bayofkings7
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2005/06/07 16:31:10 (permalink)

Possible New User With Questions

Greetings!

I am considering buying Kinetic - it would be my first software (I'm a hardware fan).

When I create a song, can I save it as a .wav file? Can I burn it to a CD (I have a CD burner on my computer, but no recording software)? I would like to create a song in Kinetic, and then move it to my standalone digital recorder (CD or .wav file would be best).

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tom

2 Replies Related Threads

fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Possible New User With Questions 2005/06/07 17:28:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bayofkings7

Greetings!

I am considering buying Kinetic - it would be my first software (I'm a hardware fan).

When I create a song, can I save it as a .wav file? Can I burn it to a CD (I have a CD burner on my computer, but no recording software)? I would like to create a song in Kinetic, and then move it to my standalone digital recorder (CD or .wav file would be best).

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tom

Welcome, Tom.

Yes, you can export your Kinetic grooves and songs as WAV files, and with a CD Burner you can burn your 16-bit WAV files to CD. You will need proper burning software but there might be some freeware options out there - I really don't know because I use the Easy CD Creator software that was bundled with my PC.

Does your digital recorder have an USB connection? You might be able transfer the WAV files right from your PC to the recorder.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    bayofkings7
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Possible New User With Questions 2005/06/07 22:01:04 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply, fac!

I have a CD burner with my PC, so that shouldn't be a problem. I was afraid that Kinetic songs couldn't be exported without some sort of recording software.

My recorder is a 4-year-old Boss BR-8, not the ultimate device, but it suits me very well, as I record at home, by myself. The Boss does not have a USB (wish it did), but I am very comfortable with it, thus my reluctance to change to a PC-based arrangement. I'll probably go with a combination of Boss/PC.

Thanks for the info - I'll be buying Kinetic soon!

Tom
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1