need help in setting up ...

Author
lanstrad
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 313
2005/06/07 22:17:08 (permalink)

need help in setting up ...

I am experiencing excessive noise one time out of two, when playing back some of the sample material provided with P5 v2.

My card is a Frontir Design Dakota. Someone said he get the same with an Echo Gina.

What is wrong here ?

Seems like P5 cannot profile the audio card correctly or what ? I switched the defauls 32LSB to "Normal" in the Justify field. From noise (and I mean NOISE, hard enough to stick my meters on the mixing board for another 20 seconds after I stop the project !!... Any loud volume would have busted my speakers.

I am waiting reply from Cakewalk, if they ever respond to my email. But in the meanwhile, if anyone have a good idea...

I was expecting P5 to install possibly taking my Sonar 4 settings, but it does not seem to bother there's a grand cousin out there...

Rob

1 Reply Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: need help in setting up ... 2005/06/07 22:41:12 (permalink)
    Sonar 4 PE and Project5 V2 both work equally well with my Edirol interface. The only thing I adjust occasionally is latency settings in the WDM driver depending upon the project and loaded synths.

My only suggestion is to try all of the various settings combinations for each of the driver types. Also, be sure to have installed the latest (or most stable) driver version for your audio device. Other than that you'll need to contact the manufacturer of the device and perhaps Cakewalk.

If you have access to a different audio interface you might try that as well to see if the same problem occurs or if it works better.

Audio drivers work at a pretty low-level and it seems like you never know how a particular driver is going to workin a particular system. One card is great for one person and crappy for another person even though they both use the same software (Sonar or P5).
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1