gt3mix down problem

Author
tony rosella
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/06/08 03:32:26 (permalink)

gt3mix down problem

completted 16 tracks ready to mix down to wav file .starts to mix down gets to 99% .then encounters a problem.gt3 pro exe error.if i delete all amplitube effects it will mix down ok.song is about 3 minutes long.hasa anyone else encounted this problem.is there a way around it.

3 Replies Related Threads

montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    RE: gt3mix down problem 2005/06/08 05:49:54 (permalink)
    Hi, I will just guess that if it mixes down ok without amplitube, then you either are using a demo GTP3 or you just haven't registered amplitube online yet. Perhaps it won't mixdown properly with an unregistered amplitube.
    Athos
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 62
    RE: gt3mix down problem 2005/06/08 16:59:40 (permalink)
    Montezuma can be right.. another problem might be that you are overloading the PC.. dunno just guessing.. if GP3 hangs when you add a plug in, could be lack of RAM

One easy way to check if the amplitube is working properly, do a smaller mix and see if it hungs.. if not, I would say RAM..

" It doesn't matter on which set up you are playing, your sound is your brain and your fingers" - Eddie Van Halen
    southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: gt3mix down problem 2005/06/09 14:20:37 (permalink)
    Tony

does this happen both when you are exporting into a .wav and when you bounce to an unused track within GTP3?

you could try the latter. bounce all 16 to an unused track, then select that track and export into .wav and see if it still hangs at 99%. if you can't bounce all 16 at once, maybe try bouncing 8 to 1 and repeat

Or, if it is amplitude that is causing the crash then just simply highlight the track that has amplitude on it, process > apply effect. now the track has been treated with amplitude and the effect is gone (make sure to choose the box before applying effect that says "delete effect after mix")

this is the way I always go about it, otherwsie trying to mix anything over 10 tracks all at once will cause my system to crash. 16 tracks is a HUGE strain. i need to periodically apply fx and bounce a track here or there to keep a decent recording environment otherwsie risk crash.

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1