Music Creator (DROP OUT)

Author
12foot
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2005/06/09 20:55:41 (permalink)

Music Creator (DROP OUT)

Just began to make some headway with the program, only to have it crash over and over. DROP OUT will appear on the bottom of screen and then "CWMC.exe has generated errors. Windows is shutting down" will appear. Need help...PLEASE.
post edited by 12foot - 2005/06/09 20:58:47

12foot

4 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Music Creator (DROP OUT) 2005/06/09 21:12:44 (permalink)
    we need to know a lot more about your system, I.E. sound card , how much ram, OS, CPU speed, then we can help more effectively!
    millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: Music Creator (DROP OUT) 2005/06/10 01:16:51 (permalink)
    First, Robomusic is absolutely correct. Attention all posters - we need to know what your running and on what.

Your problem may in the end require a clean reinstall of Music Creator, but while we wait for your system info, here are a couple of things to think about.

If it was working before ... what changed. Did you try something new? Did you check some box in some menu somewhere? Was it MIDI or Audio you were trying to play. Have you installed other programs recently? Have you turned off your virus checker and any other programs that may be running.

What I'm trying to do here is jog your memory to see if maybe you can remember something out of your normal pattern of working with Music Creator. You may have thought of all this already. Keep thinking and then post your updates.

As an example, a Sonar user [Sonar is sort of a more advanced version of Music Creator] had received your same error message and finally realized that he had checked
    'Play Effect Tails After Stopping', in the Options|Audio|Advanced - menu? When he unchecked it everything worked fine.

It just shows you that the simpilest change may have the worst effect.

None of this may solve your problem; however, with more information we may be able to help.
    12foot
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Music Creator (DROP OUT) 2005/06/10 16:55:51 (permalink)
    Thanks for such quick response. Just got a free computer couple of weeks ago from a friend. Main objective was to run Music Creator on it. Had windows 2000 installed and a secondary 30 GB hard drive as well (the primary is only 2GB).
    Quite new at this computer stuff, but under System Properties it reads
    "x86 Family 5 Model 4 Stepping 3, AT/AT/ compatible, 97844 KB RAM".
    Doesn't seem good, but hoping it's enough jam for M.C.
    Took a day just to get sound out of the program. Couln't get past the "Select Midi input/output" part. Solved the problem with some info from Robomusic. Once I had sound, I tried recording some guitar (direct into sound card). When I'd play back, there would be terrible noise (I don't mean my guitar playing).
    I reset my computer and it was gone. Still happens from time to time, and reseting the computer seems to help, but still a pain.
    I've been recording with just audio. No midi yet.
    One way that will cause DROP OUT instantly is to press Loop on/off while playing my tracks. Other times I'm not sure why it happens.
    Also, had and removed a worm called 'Welchia Worm'. Caused "sychost:exe error. Windows is shutting down" to appear while I was on the net. Not sure if this affected M.C.

12foot
    millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: Music Creator (DROP OUT) 2005/06/10 22:02:58 (permalink)
    97844 KB RAM".

That be the major problem. Music needs lots of RAM - especially with Audio recording and playback.

You might want to look at the Music Creator help file about drop outs - [search for drop out or troubleshooting.]
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1