Protools and Steinberg Wavelab

Author
Dimuthu_DeeJay
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 264
2005/06/10 01:10:30 (permalink)

Protools and Steinberg Wavelab

Hi guys,

could you please explain me what I can do with the above mentioned softwares?

I have seen on several forums about these and I need a complete specification what I can/can't do using these softwares.( and the specific toos they have)

All I know is Wavelab is a some kind of mastering software.

Thanks in advance.

[SONAR4 PE, SoundForge 7, Fruity loops 5, Orion platinum 5.5, Cubase SX, Adobe Audition, Reason 2.5]

www.myspace.com/dimuthu

4 Replies Related Threads

glazfolk
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5253
    RE: Protools and Steinberg Wavelab 2005/06/10 01:22:11 (permalink)
    In brief, Pro Tools is DAW software, broadly comparable to Sonar, Samplitude, Cubase, etc. Wavelab is editing software, broadly comparable to Sound Forge or Adobe Audition.

For complete specs, you're best to go to the respective web sites for these two products.

Geoff Francis - Huon Delta Studios

AMD Opteron 246 2GHZ twin CPU
    Tyan S2875 AVRF Dual M'board
    2 Gig RAM, Three Monitors w NVIDIA GeForce FX5700
    Alesis iO26, 2 NTFS Seagate HD
    DigitalDesign Speakers
    neonknight
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 473
    RE: Protools and Steinberg Wavelab 2005/06/10 02:43:22 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Dimuthu_DeeJay

Hi guys,

could you please explain me what I can do with the above mentioned softwares?

I have seen on several forums about these and I need a complete specification what I can/can't do using these softwares.( and the specific toos they have)

All I know is Wavelab is a some kind of mastering software.

Thanks in advance.

[SONAR4 PE, SoundForge 7, Fruity loops 5, Orion platinum 5.5, Cubase SX, Adobe Audition, Reason 2.5]

Pro Tools, the LE version, doesn't have anything that Sonar doesn't ...it is just a matter of preferences. If you know what you want and if you are talented you will get your job done in any major sequencing package...
    I have heard material recorded and mixed in Home Studio 2004 that sounds amazing...

Just my little contribution, I wish we all stopped buying equipment and software
    make your music and think about the tools only when the time comes, not in advance, otherwise you will get caught in that vicious cycle, and it's hard to breakthrough once you are in there..
    to cut the long story short, I have used Pro Tools in the past, I still use Sonar and Cubase , and all I can say is that for home recording purposes, and most of us here do it at home, it doesn't really matter. They will all do the job, but we all love Sonar here
    post edited by neonknight - 2005/06/10 02:45:28
    Dimuthu_DeeJay
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    RE: Protools and Steinberg Wavelab 2005/06/10 03:52:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: neonknight

make your music and think about the tools only when the time comes...

Thanks everybody, but I'm facing exactly the one you mentioned. Until now I only did composing and still I'm not doing home recording(Vocals, live instruments). I use my friends studio for that. I'm still learning mastering and searching for mastering tools. Finally I came to know about those products and thought of asking you guys about that. (I'm a Cakewalk user since 2001)

I visited both of the web sites too. Seems like no need of having pro tools.

What about Wavelab as a mastering tool? (Measuring Stereo Image, Multiband compressor etc..)

www.myspace.com/dimuthu

neonknight
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 473
    RE: Protools and Steinberg Wavelab 2005/06/10 05:45:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dimuthu_DeeJay

ORIGINAL: neonknight

make your music and think about the tools only when the time comes...

Thanks everybody, but I'm facing exactly the one you mentioned. Until now I only did composing and still I'm not doing home recording(Vocals, live instruments). I use my friends studio for that. I'm still learning mastering and searching for mastering tools. Finally I came to know about those products and thought of asking you guys about that. (I'm a Cakewalk user since 2001)

I visited both of the web sites too. Seems like no need of having pro tools.

What about Wavelab as a mastering tool? (Measuring Stereo Image, Multiband compressor etc..)

ok then, I can say that Wavelab is great, so is Sound Forge...think about the price and download the demos to check the GUI...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1