Now New Owner With Question

Author
bayofkings7
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2005/06/10 01:28:43 (permalink)

Now New Owner With Question

Greetings!

I got KINETIC today, and have been playing for hours - lots of fun, but must get to bed ...

Question: Why do I only get grooves with A1-A16, but not with any of the B, C, or D buttons? Are these for saving new patches? Sorry, but I read through the manual quickly, as I really wanted to start playing!

Tom

3 Replies Related Threads

fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Now New Owner With Question 2005/06/10 11:44:14 (permalink)
    Grooves A1-A16 on the default template project are meant to be only an example. You are meant to make your own grooves, either from the preset patterns or your own patterns. You can save your own grooves in the slots B1 to D16, but also on A1 to A16. In fact, if you select File->New->Project you will obtain a blank project with no preset grooves. I have saved this blank project as the new template as I always like to start from scratch.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    bayofkings7
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Now New Owner With Question 2005/06/10 21:49:48 (permalink)
    Thanks, fac!

I appreciate the help.

Sorry to bother you, but I have another question:

I want to use a keyboard as a controller; when I hook it up to the computer, can I change the KEY of the patch instruments? There are some really nice sounds in Kinetic, but they are no good if they are in a different key from my songs.

Thanks in advance!

Tom
    Dyonisos
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 191
    RE: Now New Owner With Question 2005/06/10 21:58:53 (permalink)
    The key of the patch instruments can be changed using the transpose function, which you access at the "Edit Pattern" screen for each of the 16 channels (look for "transpose" towards the bottom of the screen, next to "swing"). You would of course, not transpose channels containing drums sounds. I believe that you can't globally transpose the instruments (i.e. all 16 at the same time). And again, you wouldn't want to, since one or more channels probably has drum sounds assigned.

Also, Groovesynth has pitch controls, both course and fine, which *I think* are saved as part of the "state" of each individual channel.

So I guess the upshot is, if there's a built-in instrument/pattern that you like, that you'd like to use in a song you're working on, you should be able to "tune" it to the section of your song where you want to use it.

ORIGINAL: bayofkings7

Thanks, fac!

I appreciate the help.

Sorry to bother you, but I have another question:

I want to use a keyboard as a controller; when I hook it up to the computer, can I change the KEY of the patch instruments? There are some really nice sounds in Kinetic, but they are no good if they are in a different key from my songs.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

post edited by Dyonisos - 2005/06/10 22:08:36

www.reverbnation.com/dyonisos
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1