Mastering in Sonar4 - using splits and snapshots

Author
kylen
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 578
2005/06/13 14:41:54 (permalink)

Mastering in Sonar4 - using splits and snapshots

Hi Sonar4 people - maybe this is just an easy phrauge 'manual page' answer but I couldn't find it myself...

BACKGROUND
I have transcribed a live performance into Sonar4 as one long wave file that includes about 12 different songs. Next I seperate the songs by using the 'split' feature to give me seperate clips all in the same track. Now I add about 4 VST EQs and dynamics processors in the track insert to balance the audio to my taste. Finally I arm the effects processor params and take a snapshot of them - effect settings vary a little depending on what clip I'm in so I end up with 12 different snapshots, one in each clip.

If I want to go back into a particular song clip and change the EQ a bit then I can take another snapshot directly on top of the old snapshot and replace the old settings.

QUESTION?
I can't figure out how to delete all the nodes in many envelopes at one point in time (that is the snapshot - in different envelopes) with a single command. I can delete all envelopes using Edit > cut and select envelopes, but I just want to delete all the nodes at a single point in time (the snapshot), or all nodes within a selection. Anyone know how?

(I included the background above in case anyone has a better idea for a process in this case, If the songs were already individual wave files I guess I could just insert them into their own track which is what I usually do - especially if the songs are from very different performances and need heavy surgery).

Thanks, Kyle

post edited by kylen - 2005/06/13 15:02:31

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1