Dual Display - Settings?

Author
emptybe
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 115
2005/06/14 07:35:04 (permalink)

Dual Display - Settings?

Hi, I finally got my two LCD's hooked up to my Matrox P750 and it's heaven. I've got it sussed to spread the display across the two screens and set up templates for floating the windows across them too.

But I've still got a big bugbear: when I click to open a new window - say piano roll or loop construction, it opens on top of the track view. Is there some way to have a new window automatically open in the second display rather than over the top of the first? Or do I need to detatch it and float it across every time?

Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

Blades
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3246
    RE: Dual Display - Settings? 2005/06/14 08:02:11 (permalink)
    Are you using a seperate resolution for each (like 1280x1024) or are you using a combined resolution across the two, like 2560x1024? I use the first config. I think my windows remember where they last opened, and with the track view on monitor 1, I don't typically have a problem with things landing on top of it, but every application seems to be a little different in this regard, so some don't behave. Usually, there is also a setting in the driver application for the card that says something like "remember window positions" that may help you. I haven't used a Matrox in quite a while (have an ATI now, which I thought I'd never do, but it works great for everything I need and the occasional game )

Blades
    www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
    WhyBe
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1009
    RE: Dual Display - Settings? 2005/06/14 08:07:24 (permalink)
    Use the "Layouts" feature combined with Keybindings. That'll solve your poblem.
    Boogie
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2106
    RE: Dual Display - Settings? 2005/06/14 09:18:57 (permalink)
    I use dual displays and haven't had to use layouts or make any special settings to tell Windows or Sonar to remember the window positions.

First, if you haven't already, click the icon in the upper left-hand corner of the window you want to move and click "Enable Floating". If you save a project with a window floated to the other monitor, it should appear there next time you open it.

If you want new projects to open with views in the other display, modify your template (the one that loads automatically when you launch Sonar) so that your window positions are how you want them and save your template as Normal.tpl.

HTH

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1