UAD-1 Powered Plug-in Problem (Sample Buffers?)

Author
agreatheight
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 368
2005/06/14 17:15:20 (permalink)

UAD-1 Powered Plug-in Problem (Sample Buffers?)

I have recently upgraded my Sonar DAW system by adding a second Motu 896HD interface (hooray). At that time I re-ran the wav profiler to ensure that I was good to go. I have also switched my recordings from 44.1 kHz / 16 bit to 48 kHz / 24 bit. Now, when I go to use my UAD-1 plugs on any recorded audio I get the following dialog / message:

"Sorry, one or more Powered Plug-ins have been disabled.

The Powered Plug-ins are using 448 sample buffers, & a buffer of 512 samples has been detected.

If you have changed your audio device settings, you will need to close and reopen the session for these setting to take effect, or you may restore your audio device settings to continue working."

I looked in the audio settings and sure enough my sample buffers are set at 512 (I am unsure how they were set before). I am assuming that the wav profiler reset the sample buffers when I re-ran it last week, but now I am not sure how to proceed. I saved the project, shut down and re-opened it like the dialog said and still got the same message. I also tried to reset the sample buffers by hand in the audio settings dialog and likewise still had the same message. Does the UAD-1 card require the user to run 448 sample buffers? What do I need to do to set the sample buffers to 448, and is that gonna be OK with Sonar and my Motus? Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!!!

wish i was ocean size, no one moves you no one even tries...

Eric Hartmann
agreatheight@msn.com

4 Replies Related Threads

agreatheight
    RE: UAD-1 Powered Plug-in Problem (Sample Buffers?) 2005/06/14 17:25:27 (permalink)
    Tech guy at UAD told me to VST wrap the bad boys and that it would likely take care of the problem. Will report as it I complete it!

Eric Hartmann
    agreatheight@msn.com
    agreatheight
    RE: UAD-1 Powered Plug-in Problem (Sample Buffers?) 2005/06/14 18:00:04 (permalink)
    Yep, that did it. Apparently, this is a common problem. I read some posts that said the issue was due to looping, but apparently look-ahead Direct-X effects can cause the same issue when using the UAD stuff also as Direct-X. Run the VST and you are good to go!

Thanks for looking!!

Eric Hartmann
    agreatheight@msn.com
    Billy Buck
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2101
    RE: UAD-1 Powered Plug-in Problem (Sample Buffers?) 2005/06/14 19:00:32 (permalink)
    Not bad Eric, you got your problem sorted within 45mins, of posting it. Yeah, I am using the v3.8 VST versions, of the UAD-1 plugins, with SONAR 4.02, and the only performance issue, I still encounter, is the persistant problem with freely using PPI's and project looping, in a SONAR project. I am hoping the forthcoming 4.03 update (which addresses related gapping issues), will fix this specific SONAR problem, once and for all.
    Otherwise, the UAD-1 plugins are performing as well, if not better than, any other PDC capable host app (ACID Pro, Nuendo, Samplitude, Vegas 5) that I've ever tried them in.
    Well, execept maybe the latest Project 5 2.0. It surprisingly stays gapless, even when inserting and deleting UAD-1 plugins, from tracks & buses, during playback, with full auto PDC. Oh, and the project looping, with PPI's, works as advertised too.

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

agreatheight
    RE: UAD-1 Powered Plug-in Problem (Sample Buffers?) 2005/06/14 21:03:05 (permalink)
    Yeah, I did pretty good, lol?!

I was thrown off at first because I don't use looping and all of the posts here on the Sonar board refer specifically to looping as being the problem 'sample buffer' problem. But it is definitely a problem with the look ahead Direct-X plugs too, of which I use my share. But now since I am running the VST plugs and don't loop I should be set. Hooray! I am looking forward to the Sonar update regardless though, gapless audio is a dream come true...

I should say one more thing. I didn't sit on hold at all when I called UA and the tech guy knew the issue immediately so it was a quick, easy fix. Solid tech support fo sure!

Eric Hartmann
    agreatheight@msn.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1