Editing for arrangement & stuff

Author
12foot
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2005/06/15 13:51:52 (permalink)

Editing for arrangement & stuff

I haven't quite figured out the editing aspect of Music Creator (most aspects of M.C it would seem). If someone could help me through the basics, it would save me lot's of frustration.

I have a dozen or so little tracks saved in various files, all belonging in the same song. How do I------

A) Remove un-wanted crap from the beginning and end of a track to keep the good stuff?

B) Bring tracks from other files to one main file and have them go in their desired locations in the song arrangement?

C) Control pitch and tempo of a piece of track once they are arranged?
If a song is slowed or sped, does the pitch change? If so, how to change it back?

Is there any other important information I should know about this process?

This program is tougher than I thought it would be. MUST MAKE MUSIC. HELP.

12foot

1 Reply Related Threads

bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Editing for arrangement & stuff 2005/06/15 14:37:48 (permalink)
    There are so many answers to your questions that someone could write an essay on how to do what you want. The only problem is there are so many variables on what you want to do - there are simple answers and complex answers - depending on what type of clips (audio, groove, MIDI, sound fonts) you're using.

Do the tutorials in the help file. Go to "HELP" and find the tutorials under the "Introduction" or "Getting Started" section. The tutorials will answer a lot of your questions.

Short answers:

A) Either:
    Slip editing --> move the cursor over the edge of the clip you want removed (left side for beginning of song, right side for end of song), left click and drag the edge to cover up the unwanted crap.
    ----OR---
    Split and cut--> put the now time where the unwanted and wanted stuff meet, right click on the clip, select "SPLIT," make sure the information in the pop-up box is correct, hit "OK." Highlight the unwanted resulting clip and hit "DELETE"

B) Copy from one file (or song) and paste. To paste it where you want it, put the now time where you want the copied clip to start, then EDIT-->PASTE. Fine tune placement of the clip by right clicking on it, selecting "PROPERTIES" and entering the exact spot you want it in the time box.

C) Yes, if you are using MIDI or groove clips. You can set pitch (and maybe tempo) changes using markers. You can change the tempo using the tempo control view. If you are using groove clips and don't want them to follow the pitch changes, right click on the clip, select "PROPERTIES," select the "GROOVE CLIP" tab, and uncheck the "FOLLOW PITCH" box. Plain audio clips will not follow tempo or pitch changes.

For MIDI, you have to ask Robomusic, millerbill, marcel, or some other helpful forumite.

ORIGINAL: 12foot

Is there any other important information I should know about this process?

This program is tougher than I thought it would be. MUST MAKE MUSIC. HELP.

Do the tutorials, familiarize yourself with the help files, and ask lots of questions. Most of all, experiment! You won't believe how much you will learn by screwing things up and trying to fix whatever you did.

Have fun!
    post edited by bargainboy1 - 2005/06/15 14:41:01

Jeff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1