I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions !

Author
Heliotrope68
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 54
2005/06/16 03:55:42 (permalink)

I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions !

Wow this is different to Live.
Handles WMD drivers better than ASIO on my system (no latency and much lower CPU overhead).
Dimension SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB.
I installed everything alright.
It did the whole VST folder scan .
I cant seem to get any of them to show up though ....
I have all the Smart Electronix stuff and Luxonix LFX-1310 etc etc and it did scan the folder correctly on install ( I just disabled two plugins it said may be problematic in P5 as the instally was doing its thang).
So what do I have to do to access the VST's via the wrapper or can I do a rescan again in some way shape or form ?
(I'm obviously missing somethuing really obvious here).
Secondly I have a Lacie D2 260 Firewire drive hanging off my laptop.
How do I specify it as the "Audio Drive" in P5 ?
In Live you just specify which drive is for audio and away you go.
The laptop drive is only a slow 5400 rpm drive the Lacie is a fast Mo'Fo with 8 meg cache etc...
Nice sounding Audio engine.
I have ALOT too learn over the next few weeks though.
Should keep me VERY busy.
Oh yeah and Acid-ising audio files couldn't be easier either :) .
Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers guys and I'm glad to onboard with P5 .

Does anybody really need a signature ?

9 Replies Related Threads

Heliotrope68
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 06:05:28 (permalink)
    Oh and I have now officially registered my product and done the Cakewalk consumer survey ............

On a side note I have rescanned my VST folder using the VST wrapper and nothing is still showing up in Project 5 (bar FM7) ....yeah I'm pretty confused about this one.
    Anyone wanna suggest what might be going wrong.

ucacjbs
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 866
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 08:18:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Heliotrope68

Oh and I have now officially registered my product and done the Cakewalk consumer survey ............

On a side note I have rescanned my VST folder using the VST wrapper and nothing is still showing up in Project 5 (bar FM7) ....yeah I'm pretty confused about this one.
    Anyone wanna suggest what might be going wrong.

I'm a bit confused too. Are your VST plugs in sub-folders of your main VST directory? If so, I think you have to specify each sub-folder too.

That's all I can think of for now - hope it turns out to be helpful,

ben

p.s. Congrats on the P5 purchase - you'll have a great time with it, I'm sure.
    ZuN
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 11:03:07 (permalink)
    if he is using the Vst Adapter he just has to point to the top level directory and all the subdirectories will be included.
    Andy C
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1272
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 11:24:34 (permalink)

Just save your project to it. Make sure you check the box "save audio in subfolder " when you save. If you want to use that drive for samples then create a diretcory on it put the samples there. Then open P5, and go to "loops patterns". Click on explore, find the samples diretcory and click on create shortcut. That will give you a quick way to get to the samples.

Andy
    Andy C
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1272
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 11:38:00 (permalink)
    I have all the Smart Electronix stuff and Luxonix LFX-1310 etc etc and it did scan the folder correctly on install ( I just disabled two plugins it said may be problematic in P5 as the instally was doing its thang).

When you do the scan , on the screen that says "Plug in Configuration" does it look like this with your VSTi's listed:

Andy
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 20:28:35 (permalink)
    I have rescanned my VST folder using the VST wrapper and nothing is still showing up in Project 5
    You might want to try a "Reset All" in your second VST Adapter screen first, let it run its course, and then try a second time with ticking only the Scanning your Existing Plugins option (or something like that). The VST Adapter will (as already stated) scan all of your subfolders if you have them neatly under one master folder. But if you have them scattered all over the map, you'll have to point the app to each individual location.

Let's see: you do have Project5 V2, so the Sonar Plugin Manager 1.0 now comes included with the disk, but it's not installed by default. [Available as a download to 1.x users.] That app can be used as diagnostic and solution tool for those stubborn plugins. You can determine if indeed your system sees them as Included, Excluded, or Permanently Excluded, and do something about changing that status. I think that Tencrazy has a parallel app for registering .dlls in a right-click menu item, but that may only apply to MFX.

It's probably better to stick with a Cake solution for now. But if you still having trouble after trying all of the solutions shown here, please list all of the plugs that are missing from view, and we'll see if DirectiXier [an alternate adapter] might fit the bill. HTH
    Heliotrope68
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 20:34:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Andy C

When you do the scan , on the screen that says "Plug in Configuration" does it look like this with your VSTi's listed:

Andy

Hi Andy ,
    For some reason it kept quitting the DXi to VST adapter before getting to that last page.
    It would scan the directory then stop and disappear from the screen so I assumed it was finished.
    I just uninstalled the wrapper , reinstalled it and cleared the folder and then did a full rescan and everything is up and running perfectly .......
    So now I have all my little VST goodies as well.
    Ooooh and dont tell anyone but Concrete FX's KUBIK and Dimenesion layered are something to behold sonically hmmmmmmm simply beautiful.
    Thanks for the subdirectory hint on using my audio drive also .
    Everything else seems pretty damn peachy so far.
    Just learning the MFX / Arps / Effects and Bundled Plugs at the moment whilst getting familair with how all the midi is handled etc etc ...
    Thanks a heap guys ...

Mike West
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/16 23:50:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Heliotrope68
    Hi Andy ,
    Thanks a heap guys ...

Andy is THE MAN in many regards... I just wanted to add that, b/c our man has been incredibly generous in sharing his knowledge and is incredibly talented in his execution.

Glorph
    Heliotrope68
    RE: I know have P5 installed nuch to learn.... a few HELP ME questions ! 2005/06/18 20:54:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Andy C

Just save your project to it. Make sure you check the box "save audio in subfolder " when you save. If you want to use that drive for samples then create a diretcory on it put the samples there. Then open P5, and go to "loops patterns". Click on explore, find the samples diretcory and click on create shortcut. That will give you a quick way to get to the samples.

Andy

Sorry Andy I meant to thankyou for that tip ....
    My firewire drive works like a champ now.
    I have all my audio and midi files up with full preview if needed .
    Cheers
    Great Stuff !!!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1