Introduction: New (happy) user

Author
JoMal
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 172
2005/06/17 18:51:55 (permalink)

Introduction: New (happy) user

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to say hi and introduce myself. I tried the P5-II demo about a week ago and ordered the next day and am very satisfied. Nice work Cakewalk (and thanks for the great update too!) It'll take me a while to get up to speed with things but lurking for a week and reading the posts here, the WIKI, and reading the manual have helped a lot. It's great to see some "older" guys here too, like me

Nice to meet you all.

Thanks,

J

12 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 18:57:15 (permalink)
    Welcome John! I know of you from KvR and that you're also a fellow CoFX beta tester, not to mention your preset banks for various synths...are we gonna see any for Dimension?
    JoMal
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:29:11 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: xylyx

Welcome John! I know of you from KvR and that you're also a fellow CoFX beta tester, not to mention your preset banks for various synths...are we gonna see any for Dimension?

Hey xy|yx! Thanks for the welcome. I'm a big CoFX fan too :) (Vectrik is incredible btw....are you a beta tester for that?)
    There's so many great presets for Dimension already! I'll play around with it and if I come up with anything I'll be sure to share them here first. I'm still learnin' my way around the program in general and too excited to focus on any one thing atm.

J
    Billy Buck
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2101
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:35:41 (permalink)
    Welcome to the P5 family, JoMal. I just got my P5 2.0 about a month ago. Still learning my way around it too.

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

xylyx
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:38:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: JoMal

Hey xy|yx! Thanks for the welcome. I'm a big CoFX fan too :) (Vectrik is incredible btw....are you a beta tester for that?)

Yep, I have been beta testing Vectrik, which has been fun, even though it has kept me from being able to spend much time learning Dimension and some of the other new stuff in P5v2 Just about finished on a humble bank (is 32 presets still classed as a bank?!) for Vectrik, my first attempt at doing any presets for public consumption, so we shall see how they turn out
    JoMal
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:43:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Billy Buck

Welcome to the P5 family, JoMal. I just got my P5 2.0 about a month ago. Still learning my way around it too.

Thanks Billy :)

J

JoMal
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:46:48 (permalink)

Yep, I have been beta testing Vectrik, which has been fun, even though it has kept me from being able to spend much time learning Dimension and some of the other new stuff in P5v2 Just about finished on a humble bank (is 32 presets still classed as a bank?!) for Vectrik, my first attempt at doing any presets for public consumption, so we shall see how they turn out

I don't think it has to be 32 presets. In fact, the DJSL bank is only a partial bank so I guess you can just submit what you already have. Looking forward to hearing your stuff :)

J
    Heliotrope68
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 54
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:46:50 (permalink)

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to say hi and introduce myself. I tried the P5-II demo about a week ago and ordered the next day and am very satisfied. Nice work Cakewalk (and thanks for the great update too!) It'll take me a while to get up to speed with things but lurking for a week and reading the posts here, the WIKI, and reading the manual have helped a lot. It's great to see some "older" guys here too, like me

Nice to meet you all.

Thanks,

J

Hi JoMal - it's Oscar here (I did the Ambient Textures bank (Co-FX) for use in the Kubik 2.0 release) .
    I just got P5 V2 on Thursday.
    Still getting my head aorund it after going from all hardware to Live + Reason + VST's.
    This is whole new way of working but I'm rather impressed I must say.
    You have to try layering Dimension with Kubik .
    It sounds simply incredible when you use the two together.
    Glad to see there's someone I know here from KVR.
    Great little app this I got it instead of upgrading to Live 5.0 in a few months as Live 4 is fine for my needs and P5 has killer midi editing tools and all the other features like Track freeze etc that I need.
    This will be my main sequencer now .
    To my ears the audio engine sounds a bit more high-fidelity than LIVE 4.0's does.
    Especially when using VST's.
    CPU consumption is better also with the 2.01 update.
    Hope you have fun learning to use P5.
    It's a whole new method of working fro me which is a great way to keep things fresh.
    Anyway a big hello and welcome from me to you.
    JoMal
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 19:59:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Heliotrope68
    Hi JoMal - it's Oscar here (I did the Ambient Textures bank (Co-FX) for use in the Kubik 2.0 release) .
    I just got P5 V2 on Thursday.
    Still getting my head aorund it after going from all hardware to Live + Reason + VST's.
    This is whole new way of working but I'm rather impressed I must say.
    You have to try layering Dimension with Kubik .
    It sounds simply incredible when you use the two together.
    Glad to see there's someone I know here from KVR.
    Great little app this I got it instead of upgrading to Live 5.0 in a few months as Live 4 is fine for my needs and P5 has killer midi editing tools and all the other features like Track freeze etc that I need.
    This will be my main sequencer now .
    To my ears the audio engine sounds a bit more high-fidelity than LIVE 4.0's does.
    Especially when using VST's.
    CPU consumption is better also with the 2.01 update.
    Hope you have fun learning to use P5.
    It's a whole new method of working fro me which is a great way to keep things fresh.
    Anyway a big hello and welcome from me to you.

Hi Oscar! Sounds like a CoFX clique is forming here :)
    I remember the Ambient Textures bank, excellent stuff btw. Any more presets brewing?
    I'll try the layering thing you suggested. Hope my humble computer can handle it (1.4gHz here, ouch)
    Glad you're having positive experiences with P5 also.
    Funny thing, yesterday I was thinking "I wish there was vertical zoom on the clips and a count-in for the editor"....then today there's an update with both of these included. I'll take that as a good sign :)

Thanks for the welcome, Oscar

J

xylyx
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 20:56:50 (permalink)

Funny thing, yesterday I was thinking "I wish there was vertical zoom on the clips and a count-in for the editor"....then today there's an update with both of these included. I'll take that as a good sign :)

Well if you could just wish for Sonar's bussing and mixer in P5, then I would be much obliged!
    JoMal
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 21:07:13 (permalink)

Well if you could just wish for Sonar's bussing and mixer in P5, then I would be much obliged!

hehe, ok, I'm on it. anything else?

J
    Mike West
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 21:33:27 (permalink)
    Nice to meet you all.

Howdy & Welcome!

Glorph
    JoMal
    RE: Introduction: New (happy) user 2005/06/17 21:39:21 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mike West

Nice to meet you all.

Howdy & Welcome!

Thanks Mike. Your WIKI and other site stuff have been very helpful :)

J
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1