EQ in Guitar Tracks Pro

Author
voice
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 99
2005/06/17 21:03:36 (permalink)

EQ in Guitar Tracks Pro

I have read, I have looked, and read some more. EQ just escapes me. I think proper eq is 500 db with a low of 3 or 4.. from what I have read.. But, in the vst plugins I have, those numbers are not doable. I have all the free vst plugins I could find, the one I am trying to use is the classic eq, but to no avail. So here is my questions, is this the right vst to use? And if so, do I apply it to say an aux, and turn on all the tracks to that aux? Or, do I bounce all the tracks to one stereo track then, eq that track? any help greatly appreciated.

When all is gone, one voice will come forth.

4 Replies Related Threads

southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: EQ in Guitar Tracks Pro 2005/06/18 14:08:12 (permalink)
    hate to offer up more reading for you Voice (seems you've done enough), but this article offers nice general tips/settings for each intrument in a mix: Equal Time by Jeff Casey
    Electronic Musician, Oct 1, 1999

peace

also, heres a link to an article re: compressor settings: at the bottom of the page there is a table entitled "Useful Compressor Settings" that has been pretty helpful. I'm always referencing it when mixing. : Useful Compressor Settings, some more reading for ya
    post edited by southphilly - 2005/06/18 14:18:46

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

voice
    RE: EQ in Guitar Tracks Pro 2005/06/18 16:13:25 (permalink)
    I appreciate the links south philly... I have looked at numerous times the eq one. My problem is, finding those settings on the vst plugins. Do you use a vst plugin for eq? and if so what one?

dudemanjch
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 584
    RE: EQ in Guitar Tracks Pro 2005/06/18 16:43:33 (permalink)
    well, there isn't really a "proper EQ," and im confused by what you mean with 500 dB w/ a low of 3 or 4.

Basically, you use EQ to either bring up or pull down the treble, mids, and bass frequencies, much like the controls on a car. Each track is treated separately because each song has different needs. Maybe explain what you are putting EQ on, and we can help then.

Debut Album, all in SONAR!

Listen:
    Soundclick
    MySpace

Support:
    Facebook Fan Page

Purchase:
    iTunes
    Amazon.com
    voice
    RE: EQ in Guitar Tracks Pro 2005/06/18 18:05:35 (permalink)
    I have read and maybe falsely, that a good starting point is 500 db, and something else for the lows... i only picked those numbers to be quite honest on the lows. But every vst plug in for eq I have found (freebies mind you) don't have that type of setting. Your post dudemanjch, clears up one point, I am to put the eq on each separate track, priming it so to speak for the best sound for that track, I was thinking I had to eq the tracks collectively for the mix down so to speak.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1