Camel Audio Products

Author
jmeredith
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 174
2005/06/17 22:00:05 (permalink)

Camel Audio Products

I have no willpower, I am weak... resistance is.... don't need more toys... oh hell...

does anyone here have any experience with Cameleon? can I live without this?

Thanks in advance

13 Replies Related Threads

Phoenix
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1886
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/17 22:17:55 (permalink)
    I don't know about Cameleon, but Camel Phat Free has proved quite handy.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/17 22:21:24 (permalink)
    have no willpower, I am weak... resistance is.... don't need more toys... oh hell...
    does anyone here have any experience with Cameleon? can I live without this?
    Julie. Julie. Julie.
    You're a real instigator, aren't you? Everytime the gear lust seems to show any remote sign of abating, there you are to stir it up again. Besides, you're reading my mind, and its freaking me out.

I read the email and thought, "Hmm ... there's something that I know very little about. Maybe I should buy it." Let's get it over with and collaborate on a project. All I can promise you for sure is that our respective studios will soon be housed in one large refrigerator box, but it'll really have a lot of cool stuff crammed in it. <g>
    jmeredith
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/17 22:30:35 (permalink)
    B Buddy...

I never received the Cakewalk email so it was your thread earlier that put those dang Camels in my head in the first place

Now of course I could have walked away but no... I just had to go to the Camel site and listen to the demo's and it's just a matter of time now... of course I'll sit here for an hour or 2 and "think about it" but the big lady is singing and the pigs are flying cause my credit card has already lost the battle

Do it B, you know you wanna, can you hear it calling your name? "Buy me B"

The sad part is I just bought a house and should be saving my money - yeah right, maybe tomorrow

EDIT
    Here's a video demo to check out
    post edited by jmeredith - 2005/06/17 22:53:24
    Distortion
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/17 22:47:33 (permalink)
    Did the Cakewalk email give a special URL to get the discounts on Camel Audio products?

Thanks,
    D
    jmeredith
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/17 22:50:06 (permalink)
    Here is the link
    Distortion
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/17 22:56:34 (permalink)
    Excellent. Thank you.

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/18 05:42:53 (permalink)
    Is this another US only offer? Not that I can afford to buy Cameleon at the moment (I already have CamelSpace and CamelPhat3), plus z3ta+ is top of my list for the next synth I might buy...but I'm interested to know.
    rjt
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/18 09:13:48 (permalink)
    My 2 cents:
    First, I have both the Cameleon 5000 and the 2 new effects offered by Camel audio. All of their products are pretty fun and easy to work with. They also offer good technical support. (plus, there are tons of free patches around for the Cameleon!!)

Second, Cakewalk prices are rarely lower than the actual price of the software when purchased directly from the company. (it seems Cakewalk specials overlap amazingly with specials offered by the software company directly) If you are considering buying a product like Cameleon 5000, I would buy it from Camel Audio. In the past, the originating company has offered much better support than Cakewalk. For example, I purchased (at least) two products through Cake. The original PentagonI from RGC and the BBE Sonic Maximizer. Everytime there was an announcement that PentagonI had upgraded (from reading KvR or surfing to the rgc website) I heard nothing from Cakewalk. E-mails to tech support about the upgrades went unanswered. Rene at rgc was kind enough to give me upgrades because I kept the original e-mail confirming my purchase from Cakewalk.... but to this day, I don't think I am on his e-mail notification list. Recently, I had a bit of trouble installing the BBE (after a computer crash)..... took several e-mails to get help from Cake (although in truth they did eventually respond ) and I was ignored by BBC as I did not buy the product from them (again, I sent them the e-mail copy of my purchase from Cakewalk, but they ignored it). Soooo, if you are going to buy a product, want fast tech support and updates.... buy it from the company that wrote it!

The above is my own experience. I am sure others have different tales to tell!

Take Care

Talk is cheap; supply outweighs the demand.

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright before you hear them speak.

Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys, Andy Reid owns them!!

jmeredith
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/18 10:43:53 (permalink)
    xylyx

Check out the Camel Audio website ... if you put Cameleon in your cart, you get the option to add the CamelSpace/Phat bundle for $99 so the pricing matches up with Cakewalk i.e., $299 for all 3.

Add either CamelSpace OR Phat to your cart, then the 2nd one, then Cameleon and it comes up to $318.

Pricing also available in Euro/Pounds but it's a bit too early for me to think that hard

EDIT
    See I told ya it was too early - didn't notice until now that you already have CamelSpace/Phat - sorry about that but maybe others (B ROCK) will be interested in purchasing directly from Camel Audio
    post edited by jmeredith - 2005/06/18 10:48:56
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/18 10:56:06 (permalink)

i have purposely stayed away from Camel products. One has to draw the line somewhere. I have so much already to try and fit in.
    for one thing Camel Audio has periodic 'sales' and 'offers' that drop the price to $149, so there isn't the one time offer rush that pushes the impulse.
    it's an excellent product to be sure, but in that area I keep VirSyn Cube will build some momentum again, but it really looks as if VirSyn is one of those gifted one developer organizations that has trouble on the business side.

and speaking of which I'm saving myself for Urs' Zebra for PC. Urs work is really outstanding and this will happen some time this year.

here's the latest Friday installment from Urs KVR Zebra blog

Ok... the work on the oscillators is pretty much finished!

Here's an example... this tune is made with 3 raw prototypes of Z2 that features 1 Oscillator, 2 Envelopes and 1 LFO. NO FILTERS! NO PHYSICAL MODELING!

http://www.u-he.com/music/Zebra2OSC.mp3

All you hear is basically 1 Oscillator per voice, using different ways to *bend* the waveforms...

The drums come from UltraBeat, the delay on the Space Guitar (yes, there's no filter...) is Logic's Stereo Delay. An ADLimiter on master prevents clipping.

Cheers,

Urs

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/18 10:57:57 (permalink)
    Indeed with z3ta+ it is cheaper to buy direct from rgcaudio, but with the current strong pound, if I were able to take advantage of the special price for C5000 then I would save around £27 over the current price direct from CamelAudio...unless they offer some sort of discount for people who already have their other products (which I think all companies should do).
    McLilith
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/18 17:10:50 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: rjt

If you are considering buying a product like Cameleon 5000, I would buy it from Camel Audio. In the past, the originating company has offered much better support than Cakewalk. For example, I purchased (at least) two products through Cake. The original PentagonI from RGC and the BBE Sonic Maximizer. Everytime there was an announcement that PentagonI had upgraded (from reading KvR or surfing to the rgc website) I heard nothing from Cakewalk. E-mails to tech support about the upgrades went unanswered. Rene at rgc was kind enough to give me upgrades because I kept the original e-mail confirming my purchase from Cakewalk.... but to this day, I don't think I am on his e-mail notification list.

Cakewalk's privacy policy prohibits forwarding your name, email address, or any other details to Camel Audio. If you purchase a Camel Audio product through Cakewalk, and you want to receive email notices about any relevant bugfixes, product updates, etc, you need to contact support@camelaudio.com and ask to be placed in our database. To be added to the database, we require your name, your product name & serial number, and a valid email address. So far, only a few people who have purchased Camel Audio products from Cakewalk have contacted Camel Audio. It's very likely that many people will miss out on product update notices because of this.

That said, I want to reassure everyone that no matter where you purchase a Camel Audio product, you can always get tech support from Camel Audio, by providing us with your name and your product serial number.

Thank you,
    Glen Berry
    Camel Audio Tech Support
    support@camelaudio.com
    der_gary
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: Camel Audio Products 2005/06/20 08:05:08 (permalink)

... I've bought several things through Cakewalk, notably Antares Katose and Ohmboyz (though I had most of their stuff anyway) ... I sent my cakewalk order number / invoice / and serial numbers, and have never had any issues.

best.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1