sample manipulation question - efx just a slice

Author
DJRadboy
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 72
2005/06/18 01:28:26 (permalink)

sample manipulation question - efx just a slice

Is there a way I can add EFX to only the final slice of an audio sample in VELOCITY or any of the other sample synths in P5 v.2? I have vocals and I want delay only on the last syllable of the vocal clip.

radboy

2 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: sample manipulation question - efx just a slice 2005/06/18 01:52:35 (permalink)
    Seems there may be at least a couple of ways to do this with varying levels of effort.

You could have two different samples, one with the delay and one without. Just trigger the appropriate sample at the appropriate time.

You might be able to set up automation to force a delay to be audible at just the right time after your sample is triggered.

I'll bet some more forum members have some even better ideas...
    xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: sample manipulation question - efx just a slice 2005/06/18 05:32:48 (permalink)
    A few other possibilities:

Set up an audio track and slip edit the clip so that only the part you want to delay is playing.

Chop the bit you want to delay and put it in another cell in Velocity, sending it to a different one of Velocity's outputs.

Acidise the vocal sample, ensuring that the part the needs delay has a groove marker in the right place and then use Cyclone's multi output facilities to send the last part to a different output...

To be honest, there are a number of ways to approach what you want to do, although most of them are just variations on the same theme...it just depends which turns out to most suit your way of working.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1