OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting

Author
jmeredith
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 174
2005/06/18 19:25:19 (permalink)

OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting

I really do apologize for this but you guys are so helpful and knowledgeable and QUICKER with the responses

Anyhoo... When I went to use Acid Pro 5.0b today... I getthe following error msgs and Acid won't even boot up

D:\Projects\rewire\ReWireDLL\Portable\ReWireDLL.cpp(1266) : VERIFY failure
Same msg twice more with the numbers 3875 and 990 in parens.

Acid is installed on C drive, loops and projects were installed on D drive but I moved everything on D to new F drive today (F drive works fine and all files/loops open in Acid Pro 3)

I tried taking the quick route and uninstalling and reinstalling Acid 5 but still get the same error messages

The weird thing to me is that I never setup that directory on the D drive in the first place - is that something Acid created?

Haven't used Acid in a week or so and in the meantime I've installed SonikSynth2, Sampletank 2, Amplitube, the P5 v2 update patch all of which are working great - could one of them upset Acid?

Any suggestions guys?

11 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 20:02:21 (permalink)
    could one of them upset Acid?
    Nothing worse than that. Actually, I'm beginning to think that this is a Rewire-specific problem that happens across applications. I've found references to the error message all over the 'net, under the headings of Logic, Sonik, Reason, Cubase, Acid, Kontakt, Bidule, and others, with even references in French. There's a long thread in K-v-R containing this error listed along with sfz. Maybe Rene can help to narrow this down, as the thread is like 94 pages long (for real).

I didn't go to the Prophead site for any enlightenment, but that might be an option. The only Acid5-specific solution that I found (lots of questions; few answers) involved turning off the Rewire apps in Acid's control panel to circumvent the problem. Not sure that qualifies as a true solution, but here's where I found it.

Sorry, Julie: I'm content with Acid4.0f here for as much as I use it, so I can't directly diagnose the problem. I haven't seen the error pop up with P5 1.0, 1.01, 1.5, 2.0, or the 2.01 release and Acid 4.0f, if that helps any. At least one person speculated that it's a 5.0 problem (FWIW), but the evidence appears more widespread than that.

That's all I've got for the moment.
    xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 20:07:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: jmeredith
    could one of them upset Acid?

I get the impression that sneezing can upset Acid sometimes

The only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall Acid and then run at least one registry cleaner afterwards (two is better as they all seem to miss stuff that the other can pick up), as uninstalling Acid doesn't seem to do a very good job of cleaning it's registry entries up. After that, try reinstalling it again...dunno whether this will work, but it's worth a try.

It is quite possible that the P5 update has done something to the installed rewire files and that Acid doesn't like it...or it could well be that moving those files to a different drive has resulted in that file not finding what it wants in the location it expects and is choking as a result (the reg cleaner could resolve this prob, if that file is referring to a void reg entry).
    SuperGreenX
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 973
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 20:08:33 (permalink)
    I think I had a problem like that with ReWire before. At the time I was using Sonar, Acid 5a, and Reason 2.5. Reinstalling Acid did the trick, then I had problems in Sonar. I then Reinstalled Sonar I think. I think sometimes rewire gets messed up when rewire apps get installed. Just try reinstalling any rewire app you have and it may fix it.

jmeredith
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 20:09:29 (permalink)
    Thanks B - Acid 5 worked up until a week ago so something I did in the past week made it unhappy (perhaps it doesn't like being replaced by Project 5) now I just have to figure out what made it so cranky.
    harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 21:15:48 (permalink)
    It's loney without you, Julie

jmeredith
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 21:23:33 (permalink)
    Searching the Sonar, Project and Acid forums... A LOT of other people have encountered this same problem at different stages of usage - I can't even get Acid to boot up while others get it during usage or at shut down.

This quote from an Acid thread by Sony Support

The msg is from the actual ReWire dll installed by any ReWire host (ACID, SONAR, etc) or device (Reasons, Live, ACID, etc.) The path reference is to the internal build layout that the Propellerheads used when building the rewire.dll that is installed on you machine.

This msg is tell you that something pulled the plug on the ReWire subsystem before every user of the subsystem said it was ok. Even if you don't use ReWire, a ReWire host or device must talk to the ReWire Subsystem in order to initialize itself.

Something is wrong, but what is the culprit has not been determined yet.

If any of you guys have Acid and also installed the P5v2 patch... can you try an open Acid and see if you have any trouble?

P.S. It's gonna be real lonely Harmony if it doesn't want to play nice with Project because I'm NOT giving that up for anything

jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/18 23:55:03 (permalink)
    If any of you guys have Acid and also installed the P5v2 patch... can you try an open Acid and see if you have any trouble?
    everything is just "splendid" here,,,,
    I getthe following error msgs and Acid won't even boot up

The weird thing to me is that I never setup that directory on the D drive in the first place

"the weird thing" yea,, like ,,,,"hello',,, why on ,,,,earth ,,did you move everything,,,,,before ,,moving ,files ,,did you 'save" them to the new ,,drive,,,

try moving the files back to ,,,,the original drive,,, and do a system restore,,,, back ,,when 'all was good",,,, otherwise ,,, you're in ,, the "matrix",,,,,,,

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    jmeredith
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/19 00:05:00 (permalink)
    yea,, like ,,,,"hello',,, why on ,,,,earth ,,did you move everything,,,,,before ,,moving ,files ,,did you 'save" them to the new ,,drive,,,

Not sure why you feel the need for sarcasm...

I did not move any of the program files - all I moved were the projects I have created and the loops that came with the software - do it all the time when working on different computers and never a problem.

I also have all of the loops on their original cd's and the projects are on drives at home and at work but AGAIN this has nothing to do with the problem - I haven't lost any data or files - I just can't open the dang software.

If you checked before spouting off or read more carefully, you'd realize this is a widespread problem that runs across several programs (see B Rocks response) and several different usage situations
    jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/19 00:43:39 (permalink)
    Not sure why you feel the need for sarcasm

,,oh my,, i truly am ,,, sorry for that ,, do accept my sincere apology,,,,

i use acid 5b and p5 2.1 ,,everything is perfect,,,,, as a rewire host or client in either app,, I do know acid5 likes xp sp2,, installed and ,, the 'media manager", (in acid),,is a bit sensitive" ya know,,, it's,, a matrix",, as I like ,,to call it,,,, trying to ,,solve computer problems,,,,, some apps,,, contain /rely on the ,,information within a saved project ,,etc,,,,,to initialize,, , when this is moved,,,, it can become ,,corrupt,,, obviously,,,,, try what I told you,, in my first reply,,,,, the registry ,,most likely is corrupted,,,,,,,,, it's just a guess ,, to pull ya ,,out of the "matrix,,,

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    Billy Buck
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2101
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/19 08:10:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: jmeredith

Anyhoo... When I went to use Acid Pro 5.0b today... I getthe following error msgs and Acid won't even boot up

Same msg twice more with the numbers 3875 and 990 in parens.

Yes, I've experienced this myself. Nobody, really knows what upsets the apple cart. It not only happens in ACID Pro 5, but in other rewire capable apps, as well. But ACID Pro 5, does seem to be more senstive too it. Usually reinstalling certain apps cures it. When I had the same problem occur to me, it took reinstalling SONAR 4, to finally cure it.

Haven't used Acid in a week or so and in the meantime I've installed SonikSynth2, Sampletank 2, Amplitube, the P5 v2 update patch all of which are working great - could one of them upset Acid?

It does appear that installing subsequent rewire capable apps or updates seems to trigger it. I only had this happen to me once, about 6 months ago, and it took re-installing SONAR 4 to cure. Not sure why SONAR, in my case though. After reading your post, I did check to see if my ACID Pro 5b, was still working properly. As I had not used it since I installed the P5 2.01 update. It seems to be working fine and I am able to rewire it to P2 2.01 with no problems either. So it does not appear to be an issue with the P5 2.01 update. FYI, I am using the ACID rewire .dll from ACID Pro 5a (I just copied the 5a one over the 5b one, in ACID's folder), because I was having problems getting rewire to work in ACID 5b. It seems the rewire .dll was updated, in 5b, as well, and was not liking my system too much. On a hunch, I just replaced the 5b rewire .dll with the previous 5a .dll and now rewire works like a charm again, in ACID Pro 5b. I reported this immediately to Sony tech support, but it seems I may be the only to have experienced this problem, as I have not heard anything more about it.
    post edited by Billy Buck - 2005/06/19 08:14:04

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

jmeredith
    RE: OT: But you guys are so great at troubleshooting 2005/06/19 11:26:17 (permalink)
    Thanks Billy... After backtracking a bit last night - it appears that Acid doesn't like Amplitube (at least it doesn't on my system) but that's okay, I can live without that combo

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1