New user and forum member, help please...

Author
vinny199
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2005/06/18 20:40:26 (permalink)

New user and forum member, help please...

Hi,

I have been spending a lot of time with project 5 the last few days, and i'm getting the hang of it.

however, I have a few questions I could not find answers for:

- When I want to edit a midi file and open the editor pane, my midi file displays correctly, I see all the notes, volume settings etc.
But most time, the "bar count" in the editor pane does not match the bar layout of the song, which is most anoying.
Anyone experienced the same thing?

For instance, if my midi file starts at bar 56 until bar 87 in my arrange pane, it should be the same in the editor pane, but it is not always, for some obscure reason.

If you have a solution, or if I misunderstood something, please let me know

- I have also bought the controller bcr2000, and reading the posts, I may have made a mistake as p5 does not work well with this particular controller. Has anyone managed to get something good going and is there some templates available for download? (nothing on the bereihger website)

- Having read this forum, I am also a bit dissapointed by the fact that you can slice a bit, but curiously, bnot do much more with it within p5 itself. Everybody seems to agree an additional slice editor is needed at this stage to rearrange slices (using a midi file, or other way). This I find very strange for a sofware of this type that makets itself as a flexible Groove / Acidized jack of all trades. I should have read the feature list more closely I suppose.

The best surprise is the Dimention VSTi. really good. the piano sounds are especailly convincing for a non dedicated piano sound source. really cool.

On the down side, the "real basses" are a bit weak. Would have loved to have heard a driving rock bass played hard with a plectrum.

- Has anyone found out how to make your own grooves into files that can be loaded into dimension?

Thanks,

Vinny

Cheers,

Vinny
http://www.vinnypiana.co.uk/

X1d expanded
PC i7, win 7 x64, 2.8 ghz; 12 gig ram
Motu ultralite (firewire)

3 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: New user and forum member, help please... 2005/06/19 04:01:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: vinny199

- Having read this forum, I am also a bit dissapointed by the fact that you can slice a bit, but curiously, bnot do much more with it within p5 itself. Everybody seems to agree an additional slice editor is needed at this stage to rearrange slices (using a midi file, or other way). This I find very strange for a sofware of this type that makets itself as a flexible Groove / Acidized jack of all trades. I should have read the feature list more closely I suppose.

If the clip is acidised then you can use Cyclone to rearrange the slices, either within Cyclone itself or through midi. Check this tutorial out: Cyclone. I think Grandpa Mojo also posted an example project on Project5.com that demonstrated this.

- Has anyone found out how to make your own grooves into files that can be loaded into dimension?

This still seems to be Rene's secret...it will likely be revealed at some point, but it won't be a simple case of dropping a file into Dimension, and will require creating an sfz first...
    vinny199
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    RE: New user and forum member, help please... 2005/06/19 08:09:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for that,

My mistake.

the posts in this forum seemed to indicate otherwise though, but that's good news.

Cheers,

Vinny

Cheers,

Vinny
    http://www.vinnypiana.co.uk/

X1d expanded
    PC i7, win 7 x64, 2.8 ghz; 12 gig ram
    Motu ultralite (firewire)
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: New user and forum member, help please... 2005/06/19 09:44:40 (permalink)
    For instance, if my midi file starts at bar 56 until bar 87 in my arrange pane, it should be the same in the editor pane, but it is not always, for some obscure reason.

The concept of 'MIDI Clip' involves that you might have the same clip hundreds of times in your song (arrange pane), while the clip exists only once. The editor will display the MIDI clip times from 1 onwards.

- I have also bought the controller bcr2000, and reading the posts, I may have made a mistake as p5 does not work well with this particular controller. Has anyone managed to get something good going and is there some templates available for download? (nothing on the bereihger website)

What exactly are you finding disfunctional with it?

As previously mentioned, Cyclone is your answer. You can rearrange slices easily using it.

The best surprise is the Dimention VSTi. really good. the piano sounds are especailly convincing for a non dedicated piano sound source. really cool.

I guess you mean Dimension DXi...

-René
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1