Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight"

Author
DarkSynergy
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
2005/06/19 02:17:39 (permalink)

Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight"

Hey Wasup Everyone! Here is another Beat from DarkSynergy its called EnterTheLight. This song is still underConstruction and needs more elements but check it out and let me know what u think. any suggestions or comments welcomed. I hope you Enjoy it. =) Jay

Click Picture on Bottom. Thanks
post edited by DarkSynergy - 2005/06/19 02:21:11

8 Replies Related Threads

tclark
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1525
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 10:47:38 (permalink)
    I like it. I think that it might be able to do with a bit more of an emphasis on entries and the general beat of the track. I also think that if there were a few effects added (like reverb or echo-though i do like the echo on 1 of the tracks:D) then it might give you a more broad-feeling and (excuse the term) meaty track. As i listened to it, I had the feeling when you ended it, that you need to thin it out a bit and pick out the key tracks, which will then go on to make a new and even more powerful sound than before. basically, what i mean is that you should show people what you can do, then make it look like you're thinning it out to the end, then smack them in the face with music they would never have expected, which heightens the effect of it and their epreciation for the music.

This is just my ideas

T

(ps, dont u just hate it when no1 replies, but they r fine 2 look at ur post !? :D)

DarkSynergy
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 18:06:38 (permalink)
    thanks Tclark for the suggestions.

I actually have alot of effects going on already. On My old songs I use to put so much reverb and for some reason I think it just makes your music muddy. So In this song I didn't use that much of it so It would be alot more tighter and cleaner. I think the only problem I probably have is trying to fit enough sound effects into my track. I think I just need more practice here.

make it look like you're thinning it out to the end, then smack them in the face with music they would never have expected

That's What I want to do. =)

(ps, dont u just hate it when no1 replies, but they r fine 2 look at ur post !? :D)

I freakin hate that. I know All you guys look but why be shy. Just Post. =) I can handle it.
    Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 18:53:32 (permalink)
    YEah...I hate that too. If I listen, I at least post that much.

On the whole, I thought this had a very beautiful melody...as you know, in my books that's THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of a production. Seeing as you've mastered the fine art of "applying the hook" you just need to work on "reeling them in". As clark says, it could stand to be a bit meatier. The ending needs to be reworked or finished. It didnt sound like an ending. The fade isn't complete, you can hear the last note stop and another second before the fade ends.

Good job DJ InfraRed! I liked this one ... it was my cup o' tea! Perfect amount of sugar too!
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 18:55:14 (permalink)
    I loved it...whens the album coming out...you have a sale right here waiting.

blipp
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7006
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 19:05:58 (permalink)
    Nice track and great production.
    DarkSynergy
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 19:11:03 (permalink)
    I thought this had a very beautiful melody

Thanks DA your so kind. =)
    Seeing as you've mastered the fine art of "applying the hook"

What part hooked you. Please let me know your opinion on that one.
    The fade isn't complete

I was kind of lazy on the fade part. I'm only actually halfway through the song. I'm planning on adding maybe a couple more minutes to it. I just need a really sick sound lead to come in and a second melody. That's where I have to program.=( I hate it. Takes for ever to make the right sound.

Thanks DA for all your suggestions. =)

I loved it...whens the album coming out...you have a sale right here waiting.

Thanks Sean. I'm glad you liked it. I just need to make a couple more good songs and it will soon be finished. But I'll let everyone know when it comes out. Thanks.

By the way. You guys checked out mypage. You guys should sign up with myspace music. It's Free =). I got so much exposure from that site. There's thousands of people that joined. You guys should join too. Since I been on there. I got so many offers from record labels. from LA to New York. Pretty cool. So I hope you guys join. It's well worth it. =)
    Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/19 19:26:21 (permalink)
    Since I been on there. I got so many offers from record labels. from LA to New York. Pretty cool. So I hope you guys join.

I dont want to be noticed by a record label [..p'fff] right.

The hook part for me is the very first melody on that FIRST SYNTH. Nice but cheap chord progression. I also like that synth at :26 its a pretty wicked sound!
    You definitely need to work both an intro and an ending into this though. Needs a proper build up. The break you've got at 1:22 is okay. It needs a better entry...try more reverse cymbals or snare rolls there and then break...consider using a dreamier pad and a different lead there just for the break.
    You've nailed this one as far as Im concerned...you just need to work on the structure a bit more. Dont try to develop this ...just work on the structure. By making the intro a little more stripped down (maybe have just a pad and basic drum pattern) you can gradually work that melody line in. The key is to just HINT at that melody for the first minute or two...dont give it to 'em. Just dangle a bit of it out there...and then work the rest in. When you DO give it to them, then just play it once or twice before the break....then they'll be really waiting for it after the nice break. It's so hard to get what you have here already, but its such a waste if it isnt presented properly. Sometimes that's even tougher than getting a good melody! But, yeah, the hook is for sure there! The first 14 seconds seems to be your hook. And you continue to develop it right...but the first 14 seconds should come in somewhere around 2:30 in my opinion. Check out your favourite trance tunes and you'll see that I'm right. (I only just figured this out a month ago myself!! I always wanted to kill the hook in the first 30 seconds. BAD IDEA)
    Anyways, I blather.
    Nice to hear another one, Jay!
    DarkSynergy
    RE: Check OUT My New Track "EnterTheLight" 2005/06/20 01:35:55 (permalink)
    Nice track and great production

Hey blipp thanks for the comment I'm glad you liked it. Check out the new update on my song.

Wasup DA I'm glad u let me know what u really think. =)
    You definitely need to work both an intro and an ending into this though. Needs a proper build up

I think I finally got it.
    they'll be really waiting for it after the nice break

You asked for it Now I finally did it. I hope it sounds better.
    Check out your favourite trance tunes and you'll see that I'm right. (I only just figured this out a month ago myself!! I always wanted to kill the hook in the first 30 seconds. BAD IDEA)

Yea You are right. I think the main reason to do it this way is because dj's need some time to begin a track and make sure the outro is long enough too spin out of. Kind of sucks that u only found out about it month ago. And thanks for letting me know too. I know how it's really done. =) Thanks

Well I just Updated it so check it out again and see if it's a little better. I think a got the build up and a little bit on the breakdown. but i think the breakdown needs some more work. oh well. take a listen. =)

By the way if it's not on my site it's being updated. So be patient. and check back.
    post edited by DarkSynergy - 2005/06/20 03:06:25
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1