Delay while recording midi

Author
TITOANDSWAN
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2005/06/30 20:06:10 (permalink)

Delay while recording midi

Here I am still working with drum midi. Finally i've got my electric kit hooked up and all the right notes are coming through. Now my problem is a delay between when I play something and when I hear it. I read a past post similar to this issue and lowered the buffer levels, but that didn't seem to show any improvement. I'm currently hookng up a mixer to use as a monitor as Robo had suggested, but then will I be able to play with the Music Creator metronome? I'm going to keep pressing away at this, just thought I'd look for help on the way. I'm just excited to have a system set up so I can actually focus on recording without too many hold ups.

2 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Delay while recording midi 2005/07/01 00:33:16 (permalink)
    once the mixer is setup then go to options/audio and turn off input monitoring, you will find a box with your sound card listed in it and if it is highlighted, Un-highlight it.

Then do all monitoring of the mix from the mixer and not MC, that will help a ton, but also keep tweaking the buffers, and if you are using MME drivers to get Microsoft synth GS, take the plunge and uncheck that box and go with WDM drivers, you will lose microsoft synth GS, but there are tons of softsynths to use to replace it, that sound far better, search and find my tutorial on using softsynths
    millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: Delay while recording midi 2005/07/01 00:33:49 (permalink)
    Robo is again Correcto! Use an external mixer.
    In many cases, because the MIDI synthesizer runs on the computer's main processor, there can be a short delay between when a MIDI instrument (that is connected to the computer) plays a note and when that note plays out the speakers.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1