Sound card message - "no stereo"

Author
rmilnes
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2005/07/07 20:05:28 (permalink)

Sound card message - "no stereo"

Hi. When I start Music Creator Pro, I get a message box that says, "One or more sound cards do not support stereo. The default audio format has been set to mono."

I've got a SBLive! card on my stock Dell PC that supports stereo just fine. Do any of you happen to know what the software is seeing? And how to eliminate that message?

Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: Sound card message - "no stereo" 2005/07/08 11:18:02 (permalink)
    For what it's worth, this is what tech support says:
    One or more sound cards do not support stereo. The default audio format has been set to mono.
    This error will occur with Creative Labs Live! and Audigy cards when using the Creative Lab supplied WDM drivers in Windows 2000 and XP. The current solution is to load the Microsoft WDM drivers that ship with the OS or to use 3rd party drivers such as the kX Project Drivers. Please note that we cannot be responsible for technical difficulties arising from the use of non-official hardware drivers.

This error also will occur with Echo WDM Drivers 6.01 and beyond when using 'Super Interleave Mode'. The solution is to change your Driver Bit Depth to 24 as recommended by the Echo Read Me file. This will not effect your ability to record 16-bit audio.
    Keywords: techkb, S3P, S3S, SR1, SR2, SR3, SR4

Some users have reported success with the third-party kX Project Drivers http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1
    [WARNING: they don't recommend anyone with WIN98 and below use them.]

It probably won't help, but check to see if you are set to 44,100 and 16 bit sampling.
    [Options - Audio - General Tab] You probably won't be able to select bit rate with the SBLive. Some have recommended 48,000, but it wasn't quite right with my card. - This may not help, but it is worth a try.
    post edited by millerbill - 2005/07/08 11:47:30
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1