How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE?

Author
Moe Shinola
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2005/08/04 01:41:45 (permalink)

How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE?

I have Minihost and I make my VSTi patchbanks with it(thank God for Minihost!). However, the Bank Maker in Minihost is clunky to work with. For example:
Presets do not keep their names when imported into the Preset Manager. Then you have to click to move them into the bank maker and re-name them.
Only one preset at a time can be imported into the Preset Manager, then it has to be clicked on to move it to the bank maker. So tedious.
Copy + Paste apparently does not work in the Preset Manager. If I copy a patch name to the clipboard, I cannot paste the patch name in the Rename dialog box, So I have to type the same things over and over.
I was thinking, there must be some way in Sonar to do the same thing I do in Minihost, namely creating a whole bunch of VSTi presets, then saving them all as a .fxb bank. Sonar might even make it easier to do. So does anybody know if it can be done?

5 Replies Related Threads

lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    RE: How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE? 2005/08/04 05:07:23 (permalink)
    Usually there is a bank save as well as a preset save when the plugin is open.

I think this is specified in VST documentation somewhere exactly how to do this.

With some plugins I managed to load a number of presets, to later save them as a bank. This in plugins made with SynthEdit.

I don't know how it's supposed to work. It has nothing to do with Sonar.
    dreamkeeper
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2141
    RE: How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE? 2005/08/04 05:26:08 (permalink)
    Every wrapped VSTi in Sonar has a "preset options" menu below the window's titlebar. There you can load/save or rename individual presets as well as load/save banks. A loaded preset retains the name it had when it was saved, which is not necessarily the filename. So with these options it should be easy to compile banks. HTH

werner
    Moe Shinola
    RE: How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE? 2005/08/05 00:44:34 (permalink)
    Well, I tried saving all the presets in the New Patches folder I have for killerGate + as a single bank. It does save a .fxb file. Then when I try loading the bank it dosen't load it or do anything. The presets in the preset window remain the same as when I first called up the VSTi, it's as if I did'nt do anything. When I try to load it in Minihost, though, the program freezes up and I have to reboot. So I don't know. What am I not doing?
    dreamkeeper
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2141
    RE: How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE? 2005/08/05 07:33:35 (permalink)
    Could be a bad programmed VST then. Does it happen with other plug-ins too?
    Moe Shinola
    RE: How do you make VSTi patchbanks in Sonar3PE? 2005/08/09 21:58:21 (permalink)
    No, I believe it happens with all VSTi. It did with Crystal. If I want, I can save a single preset as an .fxb, but there's no way to save all the presets in the window as a single .fxb. I'd really like to be able to do this in Sonar.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1