Groove Matrix Loop timing

Author
TempSaint
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
2005/08/06 20:28:50 (permalink)

Groove Matrix Loop timing

Hi everyone,

I've been very busy learning the in and outs of this fine piece of software. So far I only have one problem that I can not seem to find any resolution for. I just started work on a slow tune (70bpm) and I'm noticing that whatever drum loop I use (from the P5 DVD) in the groove matrix starts late at the begining of every loop. I never noticed a problem working at faster bpm (90+) but at slower bpm its very obvious and kind of a show stopper because I obviously can't record my guitar tracks along with an inconsistant beat. I'm running v2.01 and I've tried all kinds of things to remedy this... lantency adjustments, buffer # and sizes... nothing seems to help or even affect how the groove matrix loops at slow bpm.

So, is it just me? Anyone else seeing this too? I would even just be happy to know where I could look to find a solutution to this as I am out of ideas.

Temp

5 Replies Related Threads

TempSaint
    RE: Groove Matrix Loop timing 2005/08/07 16:51:10 (permalink)
    An BUMP/update...

I've tried switching to WDM drivers and the exact same thing happens, as the beat loops around to the begining it starts just a little late. Its funny because in loop preview it loops perfectly, its only when looping in the groove matrix at slow bpm that it happens. I think it may be happening at faster bpm as well, but its just not as noticable. An help would be really appreciated.

Temp
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Groove Matrix Loop timing 2005/08/08 09:02:30 (permalink)
    I've never had this happen yet, but I have not yet put Groove Matrix through any real trials beyond just playing with it.

I suggest it may be worth a phone call to Cakewalk support.
    MysticMizer
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 402
    RE: Groove Matrix Loop timing 2005/08/08 12:56:32 (permalink)
    This happens even when "Play in time with song" is checked?

If you don't know what I mean, right click on the midi cell you imported into the Matrix and select "play in time with song"

Also have you checked the audio loop in Cyclone for unwanted dead space at the begining and end? It may need to be trimmed.

Only other thing I can think of is changing the pattern it'self in the editor and re-saving it as a 70bpm pattern.

Edit;

Oh and one more thing...(I make this mistake all the time myself) Make sure you are only auditioning patterns in the Matrix, and not a combination of linear track, and matrix clips. If you must auditon both at one time, make sure the project speed matches the speed of the pattern.

If all of the green arrows (to the right of the Matrix GUI) are all pointing inward twoard the Matrix, and all cells are set to sych to song, what you describe shouldn't be happening, unless there is dead space at the begining of either the midi pattern, or the audio loop.
    post edited by MysticMizer - 2005/08/08 13:10:54

NEVERODDOREVEN
    TempSaint
    RE: Groove Matrix Loop timing 2005/08/08 22:16:49 (permalink)
    Thanks Mystic and techead

It turns out that the "play in time with song" option clears the problem right up! Awesome! I have used the play in time optionaly with note based loops, but not for my main drum loops, i did not figure I needed too. Thanks for the helpful tips Mystic! I still have sooo much to learn about P5 v2 that v3 will probably be out before I have a full grasp.

Cheers,
    Temp
    MysticMizer
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 402
    RE: Groove Matrix Loop timing 2005/08/09 18:45:40 (permalink)
    Glad I could help...It wasn't till I went to the P5 Clinic here at the Boston GC that I understood just how many hidden drop down menus there are in this program.

NEVERODDOREVEN
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1